Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new shield for my 2015 glide. I am 6'2" and have added a la perra villan daddy long legs seat that has moved me down and back some.

I am at a crossroads on which shield to order. I am leaning towards the 14" sport flare but wanted some input if I should go with the 9".

Thanks,

Travis.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Persoanlly, I'd go with the 14".

I'm a little taller than you, but I have the stock seat. Probably nets out the difference. You get the same style and wind deflection would be way better on the 14".

Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Definitely 14". Im 6-2" and 9" didnt do anything for me

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey guys,

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new shield for my 2015 glide. I am 6'2" and have added a la perra villan daddy long legs seat that has moved me down and back some.

I am at a crossroads on which shield to order. I am leaning towards the 14" sport flare but wanted some input if I should go with the 9".

Thanks,

Travis.
Not sure if I'm too late to help you but I just swapped from the 9" to the 14". I like the 9" around town and it wasn't horrible on the highway but I wanted to try the 14" to see if it was all that better.

A few things about the 2 shields I've noticed so far. I went with the lighter tint in the 14" because you look through it vs over it and I wanted decent vision at night. The 14" hits the brake line when I'm parked and turned full to the left. I also have 14" monkey bars and can probably adjust the back a little but I had them in the perfect spot so I might just live with it.

Here are some pics let me know if they don't show up and I'll email them.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts