Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read about the little pin that can be removed on the 15 Road Glide Specials. My question is once that pin is removed will my Buky Bars that are on my 13 Road Glide fit on my wife's 15 Road Glide Special? Thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm interested in the answer. My new glide is still at the dealership waiting on parts, but I hope I have it this week. I am ordering Wild 1 Chubby apes from Hill Country Custom and they are telling me to just remove the pin and run the bars. I've heard something about the risers and the location of the wiring being an issue but don't know for sure. I figured if I have to change the risers I'm fine with that too. Would like to hear the answer from those who have changed their own bars on a '15.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The '15 bars are 1.25" across the risers, not necked down like the old bars and risers. I'd think it is doable but you would have to have the correct risers for the bars.
Correct. The 2015's bars are 1.25" across the riser and older models are 1" across the riser. If you really want to swap the bars, you'll need to replace the riser on the 2015 with one that will accept 1" bars.

·
Registered
593 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.