Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
got an email from them this morning they hope to have the new 2015 flare in customers hands by the end of october. i really want another shield this one is killing me, just not sure if I want to put light smoke (which seems to be the only one available from Harley) on a blacked out bike.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
got an email from them this morning they hope to have the new 2015 flare in customers hands by the end of october. i really want another shield this one is killing me, just not sure if I want to put light smoke (which seems to be the only one available from Harley) on a blacked out bike.
Did they say what sizes they will have available?

·
Registered
99 Posts
no just that they will have multiple sizes and tint's

Until aftermarket comes out I put a 12" wind splitter on it, it's better but not ideal. Asked at HD if there were plans for tinted ones (like they had for the "old" models) and I was told that based not the sizes they currently have (12 and 15") that most likely harley would not release a tinted one and that the light smoke is going to be the only one. We will see I guess. About 3-4 months ago another dealer also told me there wouldn't be a 15 road glide so we will see

·
Registered
99 Posts
If they do they won't do it for too long, been in touch with another major player as well and he told me they expect to release their 15 rg shields around the same time as KW (end of this month) so it looks like we are going to get some choice.

I did return the Harley Windsplitter, that's definitely not worth 200

·
Registered
99 Posts
well, Klockwerks called this morning they had very few (7) shields available, two sizes 14 and 15" , dark smoke, light smoke and clear.

I purchased one of the 7 (dark smoke 14") will post pictures as soon as I get it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Did anyone else notice the difference in angle between the Sport Flare and the Pro-Touring Flare pictures on their web site?

My point? Be very sure of the height/size shield you plan to order from any aftermarket manufacture for our 2015 Road Glides. A 14" Sport Flare will not be as "tall" as a 14" Pro-Touring Flare. And don't forget to factor in your OEM or other style saddle.

regards,

·
Registered
39 Posts
Garemlin,

I was thinking the same thing on the two styles. They need to give the vertical measurement as well. That's the only way to determine what shield would fit the individuals style and comfort.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts