Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2015 RG Special. I managed to sync my Samsung S5 to the HD system. My problem is that I cannot get much volume out of of the HD stereo when using my phone. I'm connected via Bluetooth and the phone volume is all the way up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I had the same issue with the same phone, I read on here that others had the same issue. They suggested to plug the phone into the usb connector on the bike (I used the charger cord) and it seemed to help a lot, you might try that.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I tried plugging the phone into the USB. No joy. The HD system doesn't seem to recognize the phone at all. This new system is anything but user friendly. What the heck am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I know there's a website that shows which phones are compatible with it. Not all of them are as dumb as that sounds. Might be the software on the phone. What version are you on?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Plugging the phone into the usb doesn't "stream" audio to the headunit. When using USB the phone acts like a USB flash drive. While listening to something streaming through Bluetooth hit the volume up button on your phone all the way. That will change the audio heard from the bike.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a website. The Samsung S5 is compatible. It's running Android version 5.
When using Bluetooth I do have the phone volume all the way up. Can't hear it. I have a "knock" sound when I get an email. That comes through loud.
I'm unsure what you mean by "streaming and flash drive."

·
Registered
132 Posts
Have you checked the volume control on your phone while the music is actually playing on the bike via blue-tooth? The music volume is usually different from the regular phone volume (same button, but the internal control is different from the phone volume), which would also explain why your "knock" sound plays loudly on the bike. I can connect my Samsung S4 via blue-tooth to the bike, and I think it sounds even better than the USB that is directly connected.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts