Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently finished making some engine modifications as well as how it looks. I bought this bike 4 years ago and made some changes along the way, bars, pipes, tuner, cams.

A some months back I decided to make it a little different than what I had. Some of the design was influenced by BOSS paint set, like the tank. The rest of it I came up with the design. I wasn't ready to spend big Dollars for a real paint job, So I did the graphics in vinyl.

I had all of the chrome powdered coated in gloss black that has a clear applied to it. The wheels were changed up a little bit from stock which turned out pretty good.

While all of the chrome was getting done, the engine was next.
It's now a 107" with 110 stage II head, Tman 625 cams, HPI 58mm TB, V&H Propipe, Power Vision with Target Tune.

Since getting up and running, I have had to add a AIM variable Pressure Plate, and waiting on a DynoJet Quick Shifter which should be here next week.

It was a fun build with a lot of hours involved doing the graphics. I'm pleased with how it turned out.
Some pictures of before during and after to look at.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Very nice ride man!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Wow! Hows that Tmann cam? Ive got a 600sm Ive been wanting to put in but having too good of luck with my Andrews 57H.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys.

I went with the Tman 625 based on a friend who had it on his bike and the engine machine shop that did the heads and cylinders.

Haven't been on the dyno yet, been refining the tune with the PV. It pulls very strong all the way to red line.
It is set up at 10.5 has a nice lope to it.

Previous cam was a S&S MR103 which was very noisy. This cam is really quiet.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks.
The vinyl is rated @ 7 years. Doubt it would last that long in a outside exposure for that time frame.

Probably get 4 years out of it. A year or so it can be removed. Up keep is important. I've applied several coats of F11 ceramic already.

Another 4 years and I'll be ready for another refresh, like a 124" motor and new paint!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Excellent job, that paint/vinyl really pops!
I had vinyl graphics on my fairing for 4 yrs and still looked new when I pulled it off. Just decided to change things up, (working with a graphic designer now)
Iam sure you will get years out of your work

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, everyone! Haven't been able to ride much in the past week or so, because of the Hurricane. Hopefully the weather will be cleared up for the weekend! Itching to try out the new Dynojet Quick shift unit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts