Road Glide banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my 2015 RG CVO and the handlebars feel really close...... thinking about pushing them forward and was wondering if any one has had any trouble after doing this? Warranty issues, only got 234 miles on her now and would hate to have dealer void warranty. Thanks for the help.....

·
Registered
538 Posts
I just picked up my 2015 RG CVO and the handlebars feel really close...... thinking about pushing them forward and was wondering if any one has had any trouble after doing this? Warranty issues, only got 234 miles on her now and would hate to have dealer void warranty. Thanks for the help.....
The 15's have pins in them, so they are not as easy to do as before. I think I saw a thread on doing it - look under the controls/handlebars area It will not void your warranty

·
Registered
128 Posts
There is a pin in the bottom of the riser clamp that goes through a hole in the bars which prevents the bars from rolling forward. Its very easy to pull out with a pair of vise grips. As mentioned before, look in the handlebar and control section and there is more detailed info about it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Test rode one last week, I didn't like the bars at all. Looking into some 10" bars from Spookyfast trying to get them to where they feel like the bars on my 2012 FLTRU. What color did you go with?

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I pulled mine and pushed them forward just a little. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet though. One thing I will say about the process, take the instrument cluster apart before taking off the plastic piece around the fork lock and put that plastic piece back on before putting the cluster back together. If not, you risk scratching it up or breaking it. VIN restricted part. about $34 for a new one. Don't ask me how I know:rolleyes: On the CVO, you do not have to worry about taking off the ignition switch as there isn't one. It's just a fork lock with that plastic cover around it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks All, just finished pulling pin and rollling forward, went as far as I could, gonna test ride it right now, will let you know how it feels. also went with the carbon dust/autumn sunset color. she is pretty.....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not only does it look better, it handles much better at slow speeds....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm 5'9" on my best day, I had to adjust the passenger foot boards 180 degrees back in order to be able to stand flat footed at a stop, that involved switching sides for each, left to right and right to left side, worked out great. adjusted heal toe shifter and now she fits me like my old trusty 2002 FLHTCUI with 60K on the clock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.