Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2009 Road Glide 103 upgrade, Ported Heads, 777Cams, 58mm Throttle Body, Stage 1, Two into One Thunder Header exhaust, Screaming Eagle Tuner 112HP- 115Torque

·
Registered
73 Posts
SE 259E Cams, V&H 2 in 1 Pro Pipe with S&S Air Cleaner resulted in : 100.14 HP and 105.65 Torque. Dean at MnM Cycle Tinley Park, IL on the parts install and Jimmie at Illinois Harley, in Countryside IL on the Dyno Tune.
Nice numbers.

·
Registered
189 Posts
SE 259E Cams, V&H 2 in 1 Pro Pipe with S&S Air Cleaner resulted in : 100.14 HP and 105.65 Torque. Dean at MnM Cycle Tinley Park, IL on the parts install and Jimmie at Illinois Harley, in Countryside IL on the Dyno Tune.

Are you on stock Pistons, head gasket and heads? Do you have a chart that you could post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
What’s your build?

SE air cleaner, Pro Pipe, a .574 lift combo hp/tq touring cam designed by Chris Rivas, from Chris Rivas V-Twin in Fresno, CA. After he put in the cam, he did a dyno tune using my SE Pro Super Tuner.

Just last year Chris set 10 Bonneville world speed records in different classes, all on Harleys and Buells that he built and tuned. He has the world's first 200 mph bagger, and a Dyna with a blown S&S running 245 mph. He's currently a crew chief and motor builder on a pro drag team.

·
Registered
234 Posts
that's without any compression changes? Nice numbers, mine goes under the knife for the same tomorrow. What's the butt dyno tell you?

·
Registered
189 Posts
SE air cleaner, Pro Pipe, a .574 lift combo hp/tq touring cam designed by Chris Rivas, from Chris Rivas V-Twin in Fresno, CA. After he put in the cam, he did a dyno tune using my SE Pro Super Tuner.

Just last year Chris set 10 Bonneville world speed records in different classes, all on Harleys and Buells that he built and tuned. He has the world's first 200 mph bagger, and a Dyna with a blown S&S running 245 mph. He's currently a crew chief and motor builder on a pro drag team.

That is just wild. Do you have a thread with your dyno chart?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Yep, dyno charts would be helpful to see where the torque band is. We are riding baggers and many of us are 2-up sometimes and loaded down with gear. Peak torque at 4000 RPM and max horsepower at 4800 RPM doesn't do us much good if the power band tanks in the range we ride in.

I'm not dogging anyone here (and nice numbers by the way). But most of whether we are "happy" with cam changes and other performance upgrades really comes down to what we expect and how we ride our sleds.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Yep, dyno charts would be helpful to see where the torque band is. We are riding baggers and many of us are 2-up sometimes and loaded down with gear. Peak torque at 4000 RPM and max horsepower at 4800 RPM doesn't do us much good if the power band tanks in the range we ride in.

I'm not dogging anyone here (and nice numbers by the way). But most of whether we are "happy" with cam changes and other performance upgrades really comes down to what we expect and how we ride our sleds.
Perxactly!

·
Registered
523 Posts
That is just wild. Do you have a thread with your dyno chart?

Sorry for the crappy pic. My scanner has started to refuse to speak with my pc.

This particular run was done with an STD correction factor instead of the more common SAE. STD will give about 3% higher numbers. So, if you want to do a direct comparison of the peak numbers, although peak numbers aren't that important, drop mine by about 3 each.

What's important is that big, fat, broad torque curve! I can be behind an 18 wheeler, drop back just far enough to make sure I can see his mirrors, drop it into 5th and roll it on. I'll be doing 100 when I pass the cab. Gotta love it! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry for the crappy pic. My scanner has started to refuse to speak with my pc.

What's important is that big, fat, broad torque curve! I can be behind an 18 wheeler, drop back just far enough to make sure I can see his mirrors, drop it into 5th and roll it on. I'll be doing 100 when I pass the cab. Gotta love it! :D

I just learned something. Stay behind the semi far enough and you'll hit the c-note at the cab instead in front of him....:grin:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts