Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else here experiencing exhaust gas fumes with their pro pipe?

I put on a set of painted to match lowers and tour trunk and then did the stage 1 with PP and I'm getting a lot of gas fumes at varying speeds? Only thing I can think of is that the end of the slip on doesn't stick out beyond the bag like many othe pipes and its swirling up around the pack?......thinking I'm going to swap back out for a set of duals again.

· Registered
2,001 Posts
On my 01 RG i had a short thunderheader off of a softail,it stopped about 4-6 inches short of the bag i never noticed any exhaust fumes on it.

· Read Only
574 Posts
If you didn't install new exhaust gaskets in the jugs you possibly could have a small leak causing the fume smell. I did this on my 2012. I was able to tighten it up some and solve the problem. You can try that just don't over due it!

· Registered
3 Posts
I have the pro pipe on my 15 roadglide with se heavy breather and seprt. I had the raw fuel smell after the dealership did the install with smart tune had to bring it back for a retune . Now smell is gone but engine temp management is kicking in a lot seems to run a little on the hot side . I really think I still have a map problem and will need to dyno even though this has smart tune and was told no dyno is needed by the dealership

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.