Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the new 15 windscreen will fit on 09-13 RG? Actually I have an 09. I know the vent opening will not seal on the fairing, but I have a plan if it will fit.

If not is it the alignment of the holes? could the windscreen be redrilled so it would fit?

Thanks, opr1945

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why indeed? When I look at the winshield vent that directs air up and over the rider on the 2014/5 bikes I noticed that the front of the inner fairing on my 09 RG has a similar slope. So......it seems like if there was an opening in the lower windshield the air would come in and hit the inner fairing and be deflected up like the vents in the newer bikes. And create a better envelope of still air and less turbelance for the rider.

I think I have an old windshield around someplace, maybe I could cut a hole in it and see what happens. The new windshield has the vent in it already so it would be less work.

·
Registered
397 Posts
.it seems like if there was an opening in the lower windshield the air would come in and hit the inner fairing and be deflected up like the vents in the newer bikes..
Several peeps have done this before, but they've all said it didn't make any difference.
No harm in trying it though, if ya got an old screen laying about.
I fitted lowers on my bike, and it made huge difference.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm not familiar with the 2009 but if it's the same fairing as a 2004 the answer is no without some crazy modifications.

I have a 2015 and a 2004 and just held a 2015 windshield up to the 2004.

2015 has 4 holes, 2004 has 5. The 2004 fairing has a bump in the middle that goes higher than the hole for the 2015 vent. Also, the 2015 shield isn't as wide so it wouldn't fit quite right.

Hope that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts