Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there enough room behind the headlight assembly to install the RF PBR300x4 amp? Does anyone have an alternate installation space?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Is there enough room behind the headlight assembly to install the RF PBR300x4 amp? Does anyone have an alternate installation space?
I installed a Focal FD4-350 amp under the head unit on my 15 special. I'm not sure of the dimensions of the PBR but I'm sure a quick google search would give you the dimensions to compare. .

Good luck. Don't forget to get the radio flashed.

·
Registered
120 Posts
There is not really any room behind the head light assembly, There is however a lot of room under the head unit. Thats where I installed my Bike Tronics 4180 amp. You can check it out here.. http://harleytechtalk.org/htt/index.php/topic,80359.0.html

Good luck and remember to get your radio flashed..:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Behind the headlight assembly and under the head unit are pretty much one in the same.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Behind the headlight assembly and under the head unit are pretty much one in the same.
There is not really any room behind the head light assembly, There is however a lot of room under the head unit. Thats where I installed my Bike Tronics 4180 amp. You can check it out here.. http://harleytechtalk.org/htt/index.php/topic,80359.0.html

Good luck and remember to get your radio flashed..:)
Jumping in here - (sorry for bad pics)
running ( one Hawg wired amp 2 channel)
1) I unbolted the "boom speaker pod" ( R SIDE FACING FRONT OF THE BIKE)(5 screws I think) there was a lot of room under the black shelf bracket (on both sides L&R of the radio) - used velcro attached the amp on the shelf-
2) bolted back up the speaker pod, amp fits perfect as if that space was made for it - adjustments are easy as well in that location - and the bike looks like it came - (leaving room for more upgrades)
3) as said before there is the exact same room on the other side for another amp of the same size-
4) I velcroed to the roof inside the "boom speaker pod" - the JL Audio C5-650x L & R separate adjustable crossovers behind each speaker
5) Also taped the boom box pod for a tighter sound - some air was escaping
- no problems

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ended up using shagyluke's suggestion. Thanks for all the useful information. Ready for some saddlebag speakers and lowers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts