Road Glide banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok gonna make this simple... I think. Looking at front fairing and saddlebags.... ROKKER XX EXTREME Custom 4 speaker with the 500w 4 channel amp or Soundz Customz 4 speaker setup with upgraded 600w amp? Go!

·
The ICON
2,342 Posts
My friend has a 2015 Road Glide Special , he put speaker lids on the saddlebags and went with Soundz Customz , Arc 600.4 amp , Focal 165KRC speakers in the fairing , Focal level III speakers in the bag along with their radio/amp bracket , spent maybe 2K , sound is amazing , loud and clear , no distortion

·
JMJOHN
1,043 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
My friend has a 2015 Road Glide Special , he put speaker lids on the saddlebags and went with Soundz Customz , Arc 600.4 amp , Focal 165KRC speakers in the fairing , Focal level III speakers in the bag along with their radio/amp bracket , spent maybe 2K , sound is amazing , loud and clear , no distortion
Sounds!... like a Nice Pkge.???
Hawg-Wired Rules!...I'd go w/2 400 watt Amps. Speakers??? I like my set-up which consists of Hawg-Wired 6.5's in the stock holes along w/Tweeter Grills from HW, Rockford Fosgate shallow mount Coaxials,in the cut - out holes aliening the Forks,and Polk 6x9's in my speaker lids, Cycle Sounds.Driven the 'Madness' is a PSC 3004 - 4-channel and a PSC - 1502 2-channel for the rear. Sounds purty good but, I know ya can always get betr! oh yeah, and a Sony Head-Unit. Freakin Roxs! all usb music streaming, 24/7.

·
JMJOHN
1,043 Posts
J&Ms BIG Audio demo trailer will be set up and open for business starting July 25th, at Black Hills Harley Davidson in Rapid City SD for the 75th STURGIS rally ,,,,,

to set up a VIP appointment, send email direct to [email protected] ,,,,,,

this years STURGIS rally is slated to be THE LARGEST motorcycle rally ever in the history of the USA ,,,,,

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
J&Ms BIG Audio demo trailer will be set up and open for business starting July 25th, at Black Hills Harley Davidson in Rapid City SD for the 75th STURGIS rally ,,,,,

to set up a VIP appointment, send email direct to [email protected] ,,,,,,

this years STURGIS rally is slated to be THE LARGEST motorcycle rally ever in the history of the USA ,,,,,
Yup, a friend of mine that owns the Super 8 in Sturgis, says the city is guessing with all the early bookings that the week before Sturgis will be as large as a regular Sturgis week and the week of they are expecting 1.2 million peeps. WOW

·
The ICON
2,342 Posts
I run Hawg Wired 400 watt amp in my bike with 4 Hawg Wired 6.5" speakers , 2 in the fairing 2 in the lowers , it sounds great and I love it , but I can tell you the Soundz Customz stuff is probably the best plug and play out there. Why ? The speakers. None of the other plug and play company's speakers are on par with Focal Speakers that Soundz Customz uses , period . All the amps are good , I like Hawg wired amps , Arc are good , Arc makes J & M's amps , they all are descent , but Focal makes he best speaker period. Running down the highway ay 75mph my system rocks and sounds as good as my friend with Focal speakers , at slower speeds or in a parking lot the Focals are the best but you pay for it.

·
JMJOHN
1,043 Posts
tj316 ,,,,,,,

no question that FOCAL manufactures a decent speaker,,, but I do NOT agree with the statement that they are the BEST ,,,,, because in my opinion they are not ,,,,,,,

I also have some data to back up that statement starting with the testing done in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzDOMX32gA ,,,,,,, comparing $700+ FOCALs to $360 J&M ROKKER XXs ,,,

in addition, if you do attend the STURGIS rally ,, bring your bike by the J&M trailer and we will compare it to one of the J&M demo bikes, using identical music sources for your bike and ours ,,,,,, then you will know for sure ,,,,,,

BTW ,,,, ARC Audio amps are manufactured in the same factory in Asia as J&M ROKKER XTP amplifiers ,,,,, they ARE two separate brands with sometimes similar performance ,,,,,, and BOTH are some of THE BEST 12v powered audio amplifiers built anywhere in the world ,,,,,

·
The ICON
2,342 Posts
John , I'm not going to get into it with you like you seem to want to do on all forums , I'm also not going to knock your product . For plug and play your product is ok , I prefer Hawg Wired ,my opinion and my preference , but for you to claim your speakers are on par with Focal is ridiculous , not even close , your speakers are the weakest part of your system in my opinion , and I have been to your trailer and stereo shoot outs before , heard it all with my own ears.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Focal and Hertz, properly tuned are hard to beat. Soundz customz using Focal speakers is a plus! I have the Focal 165KRC speakers in my fairing with a Hawgwired RS400 pushing them. They are awesome! Pricey, but if you do it once and do it right, you'll probably come out cheaper going Focal from the start!

I STILL don't agree with corporate systems being compared to individual bike systems. Best sound doesn't necessarily come from the best system. Just like your engine, your audio needs to be tuned properly. If you don't have professional tuners installing and setting up your bike like the corporate guys do, you need to go with the system that sounds best with YOUR install level out of the box.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
JMJOHN
1,043 Posts
tj316 ,,,,,,,

I apologize if I have offended you in any way ,,,,,,

I do not wish to get into any kind of sparing match with you either ,,,,,,,

I only wish to offer the most complete information to all readers here on RoadGlide forums ,,,,,,,,

I personally supervise the installation of hundreds of audio systems at rallies all across country each year ,,,,,, along with the Baddest Bagger Audio shootouts at many of the rallies ,,,,,

there really is not much I have not seen or heard regarding Harley Bagger Audio systems ,,,,, so if you are happy with the Focal stuff from Peter, that is what is most important ,,,,

but when you make a "blanket" statement that the Focals are better than all others, I need to take exception to that ,,,,,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.