Road Glide banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2015 RGS. I've had a few sport bikes, and I just got rid of my VRod. I'm in love with the RGS already! Think I'll keep this one for a while. Now, here's my issue. Like I said its brand new; only 100 miles on it. Still breaking in the motor. The bike is completely stock. In neutral and I blip the throttle to about 3500, the bike back fires immediately. It backfires as soon as I release the throttle. Maybe an exhaust leak? New motor? Its going back to the dealer next week, but I'd like to know what your thoughts are. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
It shouldn't backfire. It may have an intake leak or something along those lines. Have the dealer check it out.

You would be best served to at least do a stage 1.......intake, exhaust, and tuner. The bike will run much cooler and much better than it does now.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Make sure there is a black nipple over the Ca. Emissions pipe under the gas tank. See previous post about the "Naked Nipple" for the location.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Are you sure it's backfiring? Or does it sound more like a decel pop? My 2015 has a little popping doing exactly what you explain but is definitely not backfiring. I have also noticed that the intake is louder then my 12 was and some times while shutting my bike off I will here it cough out the intake a little. I figure this was all normal but do others experience this as well? I am also all stock right now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. It's going to the dealer on Thursday and I'll update. Its definitely a full blown true to life backfire. Not a decel pop. It will be interesting to find out what it is. My dealer is actually ok. Well,for any warranty work. I go to an indy for dyno tuning. I just want to make sure this motor is solid before I start modding it.

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
Let the HD dealer take care of the problem the bike is under warranty, no matter what the backfiring isn't normal or right and there is only a few things that will cause the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.