Road Glide banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HD wants $900 for the complete chrome controls including levers, which I just can't justify. Anyone know of another source/exchange program? As other owners will note, the big fugly handlebar clamps cover a square hole (internal wiring) a couple inches in, so using the narrower clamps like on the CVO will leave the hole exposed.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wait until winter and send yours to browns or any good chrome shop. You will save a lot of money because you aren't buying new parts. Just be careful where you have them plated, all chrome shops aren't the same and cheap is seldom good. Harleys chrome is as good as anyone but ya got to buy the part to and it's a lot of money.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought a set from Eastern a few years ago, for my Wide Glide. Decent quality, but started to bubble after two years and it was stored in a garage. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2015 RGS Chrome Hand Controls

Guys; once again, these are for a 2015 RGS that come with the approx 3" handlebar clamps that cover the wiring access hole on the handlebars, so the smaller 1" clamp will leave the hole exposed (and of course are completely different than anything 2013 and older).

I saw the ones on Eastern's website, but they have the narrower clamps. Surely someone with a 2015 RG has found them somewhere...

If I could figure out how to post picture, I would...but it says I can't. Beats me...

Bob

·
Registered
39 Posts
I really don't like those chrome exchange deals. As a matter of fact when I have stuff plated I mark my parts on the inside so I know I'm getting my stuff back. Good chrome aint cheap and cheap chrome will make you wish you hadn't gone there. If you want show quality don't take shortcuts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.