Road Glide banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
OK..... ill go ahead and tell ya, oil is almost just a personal preference. But I know how you feel as my 15 is the only modern bike I have ever owned and I have searched from top to bottom for what people are using. I am doing my 1000 mile service this weekend and I have come to the conclusion synthetic is the way to go. The full synthetics will help deal with the heat and wont break down as fast. Which one you use is up to you, I ran amsoil porducts in my 2 stroke race bikes for years with good results. But that being said the general thoughts now as far as i can find is, good sythetic oil is good synthetic oil. Ill be running Mobil 1 full syn until my 5k serivece or it gets to cold to ride whichever comes first. I will then send it to lab and decide whether I want to use that again or go back to amsoil at a much higher cost.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ugh! Sorry. I did not express myself well. I need to top up and bike has 650 miles. Should have checked when the bike was new. It was hot and was at the low level. So, what oil does the bike come with when new. Pretty much guess fossil. I looked at manual and it just says 50/20.

So, again, I need to top up a bit of oil in the bike and was wondering what oil I need...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.