Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to post a few photos of the new windshield on the bike. It's a Klockwerks 14" Sport Flare and the bars are Road 6 Customs Holey Roller 13". I ended up having to pull them back about an inch or so in order to clear the windshield at full lock both ways. They are still in a comfortable position after the adjustment. I was only able to take it down the road a few miles and got up to 55-60 before I had to leave town, but I can already tell a massive improvement over the stock windshield.

FYI - I'm 6'0" and with the stock windshield the air/wind would hit me right at the forehead.

Now, the air/wind is just over my head, radio/sound is much clearer and prevents me from turning up the volume so much and the bike felt a bit more planted from what I could tell.

I would definitely suggest this windshield based on what I've noticed thus far... doubt I will put the stock one back on for any reason - function over form this time. Although, I think it's a pretty good looking windshield.

Took these right after I washed the bike. The pollen is ridiculous in our area right now.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great looking bike! I got both the 9" and 14" Klockwerks Sport Flares for my '17 RGS. The 9" really isn't bad and looks the best, I run it most of the time. I got the 14" for long trips. The 14" puts the wind right over the top of my head, and still looks cool.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
I have the 14" SF as well and it is a great shield for sure and it does look killer.

My only issues with the 14" SF is my apes did hit and I didn't like having to pull them back to make it work.

Yes I could just pull them back and lock it down but then my apes were to far back For My Taste.

Never tried the 9" SF but I'm sure it would have worked better then the 14" SF as far as hitting my apes.

The 9" SF does look great on our bike for sure.

Dude I said it once and I'm sure I'll say it more times in the future but that orange bike is truly done right.

Congrats Man Its A Beauty.

Swomack

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I love the 14" SF. But with my lower seat. I may need the 9". I end up looking through it a lot. Slight rises.

That bike is sweet too. Love the graphics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's one sweet ride there!! Who did the paintwork?
I have the 14" SF as well and it is a great shield for sure and it does look killer.

My only issues with the 14" SF is my apes did hit and I didn't like having to pull them back to make it work.

Yes I could just pull them back and lock it down but then my apes were to far back For My Taste.

Never tried the 9" SF but I'm sure it would have worked better then the 14" SF as far as hitting my apes.

The 9" SF does look great on our bike for sure.

Dude I said it once and I'm sure I'll say it more times in the future but that orange bike is truly done right.

Congrats Man Its A Beauty.

Swomack

I haven't rode it enough since the change to know if the bars will make a difference or not... it was a very small change. And thanks for the compliments... seems like every time I stop somewhere, I have someone say something about it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just installed the 14 in Klockwerks Sport Flare love the look , also had issues with the clearance on my 14 in monkey bars but was able to rotate my cables in just enough for clearance .. Have not had a chance to ride it yet hopefully it will be a good shield ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the pics

Trying to decide on a new windshield for my '16 RGS. Was having trouble finding pictures that show it from the front and other angles. Thanks to roadglide.org, your post, and the comments and pictures of others that have shared, I'm close to a decision.

Like many others, love your ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts