Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SHould I bite the bullet and order the factory lowers, or can someone recommend a good aftermarket set?

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
For the 2015 I'd go with factory, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered from Harley. No need to risk not fitting correctly or paint not matching. Plus I think the road glide lowers are actually different from the street glide lowers this year. Taking forever to come in tho so if you want them by mid May you should order now. I was told 6 weeks and this is week 5! Just want my lowers man!

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
I just installed my HD lowers a couple of days ago, love them. I too suggest using HD lowers for fitment and paint quality. I got mine in at 6 weeks, ordered them with pc pain on the forum, best price I found anywhere.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm waiting on mine as I type. As none of my former Harley's had them I have no idea about after market. AFAIK there are only 1 type, at least according to my catalog. I also ordered the QD's so I can do without if I want to. We'll see if I ever remove once installed.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Plus I think the road glide lowers are actually different from the street glide lowers this year.

They're the same. I had Joe Z. at Xtreme Dimensions order me a set of the 2014 & up style lowers unpainted and had him match my Starfire Black on my 2012 FLTRXSE. I did a lot of research before doing this to find out that the engine guard hasn't change in shape and even has the same part number. So the lowers will fit even on 2013 and older Road Glides and there is only one style lower for all 2014 & up touring bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts