Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my name is Dylan, long time lurker first time poster. In the very near future I'll be purchasing a 2015 Road Glide Special. I have some big plans for the bike and a few questions that need to be answered before I can move forward with part ordering. Im 5'6'' and stand almost flat footed while sitting on the bike but I want to be 100% flat footed. I was looking at lowering the front and rear of the bike 1" and getting a different seat for it as well. However, my next purchases before spring will be a 23" front wheel and extended bags. I know in order to do the 23" front wheel properly its in my best interest to go with progressive lowering springs. My question is if I lower the rear an inch will it screw with the ride much and will my new bags drag in corners? Thank you for your time.

·
Administrator
12,504 Posts
If you're going with a 23 inch front, I strongly recommend you go with a 7 degree rake in the front also. You don't absolutely have to, but it's better for the handling, and will actually make the bike look proportional. You can lower the rear 1" with no problem. BTW raking the front will also keep it lower. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on going with the pickard 6 degree tree, I might actually go with the entire front end kit that pickard makes. What does everyone recommend to lower the rear of the bike?

·
Administrator
12,504 Posts
I plan on going with the pickard 6 degree tree, I might actually go with the entire front end kit that pickard makes. What does everyone recommend to lower the rear of the bike?
I've used both shorter shocks, and lowering blocks. Of course blocks are a lot cheaper, but they slightly change your geometry, and make sure you get a quality set if you go that route. Shocks are the "correct" way to do it, but to be honest with you, when I did blocks I didn't notice any difference in handling and I have no wires rubbing or any other problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts