Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put a stage 1 kit on the bike. Kit consists of Bassanni B4 road rage 2 into 1 pipe, Screaming eagle tuner, Big sucker air cleaner. Made pull on dyno stock and after. Im extremely happy with results. Ive attached dyno run. What are your guys thought?

·
Registered
564 Posts
If that's with the stock "Rushmore Cam" it seems real good. I recently traded my 11 for a15 and have a similar set up. I may have to get a custom tune.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Considering that Fuel Moto got 90/108 on their RG test bike with their 2-1-2 pipe with the stock cams your numbers are certainly on the money. Cams would really make it very impressive!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes this is the Rushmore. No cams. Just SERT, Bassani pipes, Big sucker air cleaner. I may do the 259E cams next year but for now just gonna ride it the way it is.

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
I like where your max torque of 110 come in early at 3000 rpm. That keeps you at your max torque at around 80mph. Great for a long distance touring bike.

A good cam will bring on your hp a little earlier and push your torque peak a littler further to the right, which won't hurt at all. Still great for touring and moves your peak torque over say 1000 rpm, great for passing when you're already cruising at 80mph.

I'm envious, I know my 96in³ with Dragos 510 cams isn't putting out that much torque at 3000rpm and might touch your hp numbers when it is flat out going downhill.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
120 Posts
Same As

So I have a 15 that has the same pipe, RSD high intake filter and I installed 574 Fueling Cams and I am getting 98 HP almost 99 so you seem to be right on the money. Future goal is T-Man heads. Cant wait to see what that does.

Have fun, Be safe

AV

·
Registered
852 Posts
Great #'s,

If you ride 2up a great deal, I would avoid the 259. The 259 will make more power on the big end but you will lose a lot of TQ and throttle response down low.

If you mostly ride solo, you will like the 259

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
They said with the 259E cams I'd prolly see another 5hp
The # are typical for a SE255 cam which works well with the heavier touring models. The SE 259E cam would take away all the low end torque and move torque into a higher rpm range which is bad for touring models IMO.
The problem with the SE255 cam is it drops off around 4000 to 4200 rpm, a good aftermarket cam will extend the rpm range from around 2200 to 5200 rpms.
I did run a SE255 cam and the SE259E cam and I prefered the SE255 hands down over the SE259E cam.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Dyno runs
WoW!!! Crazy numbers!!! Particularly on your TQ and without adding cams. I cant imagine what will happen with some Andrews 37 H or 57 H cams.........

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I have a 15 that has the same pipe, RSD high intake filter and I installed 574 Fueling Cams and I am getting 98 HP almost 99 so you seem to be right on the money. Future goal is T-Man heads. Cant wait to see what that does.

Have fun, Be safe

AV
Right on!! keep us posted!

The # are typical for a SE255 cam which works well with the heavier touring models. The SE 259E cam would take away all the low end torque and move torque into a higher rpm range which is bad for touring models IMO.
The problem with the SE255 cam is it drops off around 4000 to 4200 rpm, a good aftermarket cam will extend the rpm range from around 2200 to 5200 rpms.
I did run a SE255 cam and the SE259E cam and I prefered the SE255 hands down over the SE259E cam.
Any suggestions on a good cam?

Those numbers look really good.
Thanks!

Ive rode it a little bit since the tune. It rips pretty good. Im thinking I need some more get up and go thou. LOL

·
Registered
490 Posts
the 15's and Rushmore touring bikes all have an upgraded cam compared to '13s and older, similar to the SE255 cams in the CVOs I have been told. So just Stage 1 on a 15 is about equal to a stage 2 on a 13 and older. Pretty sweet. Love the look of that pipe.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks! It actually pulled the front wheel up when shifting from 1st to 2nd. Not much but enough to make me go...Oh Shit!

·
Registered
98 Posts
You have found a good tech for tuning, don't lose him;)
Pipes look great, I have similar setup coming from SuperTrap, good to see what black 2 into 1 looks like.

Cam choice needs to be based on the whole engine for example.
Andrews 57 are great in 96 or 103 with stock heads and flat top pistons using different head gaskets to set 10:1 compression. Change the heads and your money is better spent on other cams.
SE295 cams work OK with stock heads but you could do way better for way less money. With moderately flowed heads and better valve springs the 295 are starting to work correctly but will benefit from high compression pistons to help make back compression lost by late closing valves.
So you see you need to sit down with your tech and look at the whole picture. A lot of guys go backwards due to bad combinations.
If you think you will see 100hp at the rear wheel the high flow injectors are really worth a look:cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts