Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having problem with vents, can't close the left vent. Last fall the right vent would'nt close. Talked to the service guy- tough luck my warranty is over. *%#*^[email protected] h-d garbage!!!! Any suggestions??

·
Registered
6,533 Posts
Having problem with vents, can't close the left vent. Last fall the right vent would'nt close. Talked to the service guy- tough luck my warranty is over. *%#*^[email protected] h-d garbage!!!! Any suggestions??
Their plastic crap

I had mine replace, under warranty, never closed them again.

In my opinion the best airflow is when all three vents are open anyways.

Get in there and have a look.

How much to have it replaced?

Swomack

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yes, I agree with Swo, better stuck open than stuck closed. Don't even mess with it and instead trade up for one of those white 2018 models.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
^^^^What PSUUUUU said. Taking the fairing off is really quite simple and doesn't take much time. Especially after you've done it a couple time. Just make sure you put towels/blankets on your fender and take your time. The first time you do it, it can be helpful to label the bolts with some tape so you can remember which ones go where (turn signal bolt, speaker housing bolt, etc). There are a bunch of Youtube videos that show you how to take it off. I'm pretty sure I can have my fairing apart in about 5 mins now!

Reactions: beatlesfab4fan

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
It's no big deal. Get some graphite and put on the control area where it makes contact to keep open and then release mechanism. Easy with the fairing off. Happened to mine two years ago after about 3 months. No more problems. Can't believe Harley was changing them out under warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts