Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been discussed previously but my bike will not turn over. Battery has plenty of juice but when I go to start it, it makes a loud cranking sound but doesn't actually start. Bike JUST came out of service yesterday and now this. Tried to post a video but apparently I can't post videos... Please advise!

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Is Your Battery the original OEM one that came with The Glide when You bought it?
If so, it could be going bad.
Did You try connecting a booster pack or battery charger and see if it would start?
If there is any further diagnosis that You have post it up so We can assist You.
Mike U.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Mike U. It is the original battery. I charged it to its full (according to my Battery Tender 800) capacity but still nothing. According to my FP3 it's at 11.2 volts. All auxiliary electronics work...just won't turn over. I cleaned up the battery terminals, tried again, but still nothing. Battery might be the problem but it not sure. I'll see about getting a replacement.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Thanks, Mike U. It is the original battery. I charged it to its full (according to my Battery Tender 800) capacity but still nothing. According to my FP3 it's at 11.2 volts. All auxiliary electronics work...just won't turn over. I cleaned up the battery terminals, tried again, but still nothing. Battery might be the problem but it not sure. I'll see about getting a replacement.
You're welcome Bro.
Even tho the electronics are working it's possible it has a weak cell and at 11.2 Volts that's a little low to crank The Glide.
If You have access to a Battery Charger I would try that and see if it starts with the extra boost.
If it does I would look into a replacement battery.
I purchase my replacement batteries at Battery Mart, I'll post a link below for You.
Best of Luck and let Us know how You make out.
Mike U.

https://www.batterymart.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-b7qBRDPARIsADVbUbUX8oj0pd3lNz5ZKb82yHa6Frbbh7x52RXRxxIeqrnjr_jMCeAEXU8aAoHSEALw_wcB

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
X2
Battry is toast
Contrary to popular opinion, summer is hardest on battries

You guys rock! And great chart, Little Wing. It was, in fact, the battery. Don't know why I doubted you for a second. Turned right over and made my day. Thought I'd have to drive to work tmw...DC area...pain without the bike. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
You're welcome Bro.
Even tho the electronics are working it's possible it has a weak cell and at 11.2 Volts that's a little low to crank The Glide.
If You have access to a Battery Charger I would try that and see if it starts with the extra boost.
If it does I would look into a replacement battery.
I purchase my replacement batteries at Battery Mart, I'll post a link below for You.
Best of Luck and let Us know how You make out.
Mike U.

https://www.batterymart.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-b7qBRDPARIsADVbUbUX8oj0pd3lNz5ZKb82yHa6Frbbh7x52RXRxxIeqrnjr_jMCeAEXU8aAoHSEALw_wcB
Any recommendations on which battery from bm? What kind of life are you getting out of them? Im at 3years 7 months on the factory one so its time. I also found a couple of Duracell batteries with 2 and 3 year warranties.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
My 15 Fltrx original battery went around 6-7 months ago. I thought it was a bit soon compared to my other Harleys but was told the AZ heat is very hard on those batteries. I got my replacement battery from Battery Mart, like Mike U mentioned. Glad you got your issue solved and it was just the battery

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Just ordered the big crank. Thanks for the info and the thread.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Just ordered the big crank. Thanks for the info and the thread.
Eddie, The Big Crank is a Great Battery.
I use the Odyssey PC925LMJ Battery with Metal Jacket but was also looking at The Big Crank Battery too.
Best of Luck with it Brother.
Mike U.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts