Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2015 Road Glide Special and I have an issue with it. I was wondering if anyone has the same issue as I. I trailered my bike from Ohio to South Carolina last week during the rain and now none of my gages work. My GPS screen comes up but does not switch to night mode and all of my setting no matter how many times I change them will not stay. I checked all of my fuses and they are fine. All of my hand controls work fine as well. Has anyone but me had this issue before?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome to the tank.

I have had the screen lock up but usually just turning it off for a few minutes fixes the issue.

Good thing it is new. I would just take it to a dealership and have it fixed.

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Welcome, let the dealer fix it

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
Welcome from Maryland. Give it a few days to dry out. Can't say I have ever heard that one before though.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Welcome from Kansas...I've never heard of an issue like you describe with your gauges. I've ridden in downpours on H-D bikes, as well as other makes, and never lost gauges or electronics before. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
13,082 Posts
Welcome from Florida. Definitely take your bike back to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Simple, your bike is having an allergic reaction to the trailer:eek:

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee. My 2011 doesn't have your electronics, sorry I can't help there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mechanic

Thank you all for responding. I spoke with the mechanic at the Dealer and he said he has never seen anything like this before. He also told me this may NOT be a warranty issue. To me it seems like the gaskets or something internally was not installed properly and it should be a warranty issue since I have done nothing to the bike and it has been in a climate controlled storage since II have owned it. I will keep you all informed and let you all know what they tell me incase it happens to anyone else.
Thanks.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Got a little too thorough with the pressure washer… It dried out and came back but the real issue will show up down the road when the rust kicks in. Dealer fix or find another dealer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Maybe you should talk to the service writer. It's new and is warranty if you have not messed with the bike.

·
Registered
83 Posts
did you put it in transport mode before hauling? If not you likely have low battery voltage

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Talk to the service manager at the dealer. If they don't cover under warranty take your buisness elsewhere.

Welcome and let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd take it in to a dealer, not even mentioning trailering it. Just tell them I turned the bike off and next time I started it up things don't work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
*** UPDATE *** Just to let everyone know the dealer did correct my issue under warranty. It turns our the inner gasket on the MPH/TAC pod did not seal right from the factory and water got behind it. They checked the new one from the factory to make sure it did not have the same issue and it was okay. I just got my bike back in time for Bike Week here in Myrtle Beach. Also I had them install some CFR slip ons and I have to say they sound fantastic. Thank you all for the help and safe riding!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts