Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by the local stealership here today to pick up a few things and checked out a couple of 2015 RGS they had on the floor, Amber Whiskey $29,000 & a black & orange custom color for $33,000. I only paid $22,500 for my 2013 RGU straight off the floor brand new. Can somebody please explain to me why HD thinks these things are so great?

·
Registered
454 Posts
The amber is way overpriced unless it has other parts you didn't notice and there is no two tone option for Road Glide. So it must be custom figure 4300 for the body and another 1700 for saddlebags added to the regular price and don't forget labor. For the most part the Moco is charging a premium now for abs, security, larger infotainment if you go for the "Special" models. Prices have been up ticking since the Rushmores came out.

·
Registered
10,379 Posts
Everything is more on the left coast. 25 and change here in GA out the door.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses, I don't go to the stealership much, that is why I was shocked at the prices. The Amber did have some "blacked out" parts on it, but nothing major. The custom color was definitely something that the stealer probably had done themselves as they usually have a few bikes on the floor that way. Thanks Big Gary for reminding me that everything really is more expensive here in Northern Mexico, oops:surprise:, I meant So Cal. Hahaha. Only about one more year and I'm heading back to the Midwest, guess I'll wait to buy another one until then.

·
Registered
273 Posts
If the '15 RGS in Amber Whiskey was stock for $29k, I think I would find one somewhere else and take a road trip to pick it up.

That is an insane price tag unless it is amped up with some nice extras.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had three Houston dealerships simultaneously bidding on my business via text on a 15 Amber Whiskey RGS and I ultimately won that deal. Well under MSRP, found out from one of the "bidders" the winner actually lost money based on what they all pay for them. It was the end of the month/quarter.

·
Registered
10,379 Posts
got my 15 rgs blue for 19k and some change out the door
What dealer is that ? 19 is 4k below msrp not included tax ,tags, and extras.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That can't be for a stock RGS, if it is, don't go back there... I bought mine from Glendale HD in January and got a nice deal from them + add-ons, you're not far from them. Ask for Levi, he's a great guy to work with.[/QUOTE
This is where I was at. Levi is a nice fellow, however I wasn't looking to buy just checking on some parts.

·
Registered
132 Posts
That can't be for a stock RGS, if it is, don't go back there... I bought mine from Glendale HD in January and got a nice deal from them + add-ons, you're not far from them. Ask for Levi, he's a great guy to work with.[/QUOTE
This is where I was at. Levi is a nice fellow, however I wasn't looking to buy just checking on some parts.
Then it was definitely not a stock RGS... I didn't pay anywhere near that... can't recall exactly, but somewhere around 24K I believe, and got some extra goodies.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I am not getting into a who paid what debate.

I will say that there was a limited supply in New England area in April. Two weeks ago, Laconia Harley had two left. One of which was all customized.

Hi Octane in Billerica has more left, as they want a lot over list. They also have a goofy "cant afford to go to Sturgis" promotion starting this weekend.

I can afford to go to Sturgis, because I didn't buy from them....

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that they installed the 120 plus exhaust, etc etc. That was from what I recall what dealers were getting for Street Glides with the 120 last year

·
Registered
163 Posts
Every market is different, but I seriously doubt a stock RGS had a 29K tag.

I just bought a WA RGS in the SF Bay Area. The 3 dealerships near me had all colors in stock and since it is near the end of the year were willing undercut each other. MSRP out the the door in my area due to Taxes etc. is 28,300. All 3 dealerships without 1 minute of discussion were willing to go $26K out the door. Basically 2,300 off MSRP. That coupled with the .99% interest for 5 years made this the best HD purchase I have ever made. My wife is very happy.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have beat up 4 dealers here in FL including the one i purchased by SG from. No trade, the best deal I have is 20880 out the door. tags title, EVERYTHING. My greedy a$$ is trying for 20k out the door. Vivid black RGS

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,630 Posts
Stopped by the local stealership here today to pick up a few things and checked out a couple of 2015 RGS they had on the floor, Amber Whiskey $29,000 & a black & orange custom color for $33,000. I only paid $22,500 for my 2013 RGU straight off the floor brand new. Can somebody please explain to me why HD thinks these things are so great?
I presume you are talking about Glendale (CA) HD. I checked out the custom color one on line (I assume that's the one you said they were asking $33K for). That's not on HD for the price. It's a totally custom bike and it looks beautiful. I wouldn't pay the price, but you can't fairly put that on the MOCO for the asking price. Their (Glendale HD) prices for stock RG's are usually in line with every other dealer from what I have seen.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.