Road Glide banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
It is a pretty good video in removing the fairing on the 15 RG. One thing that I have not needed to do in removing the fairing is I just remove the bottom screw which holds the wind defector to the inter-fairing. Also, I like to remove the speaker screens by lifting the screens on the radio side, seems to pop up easier for me.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
It is a pretty good video in removing the fairing on the 15 RG. One thing that I have not needed to do in removing the fairing is I just remove the bottom screw which holds the wind defector to the inter-fairing. Also, I like to remove the speaker screens by lifting the screens on the radio side, seems to pop up easier for me.
Actually, if you hold off on the speaker grills till you have the windshield and top cover off, you can push the grills out from the inside.

Also, if you're gonna pull the fairing, grab a #10-32 tap and run it through the brass inserts for the windshield screws while you have it off. The threads in those inserts are really piss-poor. I can guarantee there's gonna be trouble there sooner or later if you don't straighten them out.
Otherwise the fairing is MUCH easier to deal with than it used to be, although there won't be much screwing around in there because it's PACKED.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Fender proctection

All good and valid points here....

ONE THING THAT IS A MUST.... THICK FENDER PROTECTION! I use a cut and folded moving pad ( thick, quilted blue pad ) for the best protection.

I dropped a screwdriver on a doubled up terrycloth towel on a previous bike's 'protected' fender... didn't do much in protection... as you NEVER know which way its gonna land.

THICK/PADDED PROTECTION is the best way to go here guys...

Reactions: ! rock103 !
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.