Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to stick a thread in here to document my process of removing the chrome and going to the DARK side. I really like contrasting bright paint with black parts and look forward to seeing this bike complete.

Right now its in the stripped down state. The minor stuff is going to powder coat and the major viewable stuff will be purchased factory gloss black.

Some things going to happen

Harley Burst everywhere except air cleaner
Roland Sands Design 21 inch front SLAM wheel contrast cut
RSD Slam A/C
Road 6 Holey Roller bars
Black front end with contrast cut fork shroud
Klock Werks 14 wind shield
Lepera Nomad II with 57 tuck and roll
Detach tour pack black hardware
Metalsport Tourpack rack black

Stay tuned!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Making Progress

Loving that RSD 21" Slam Wheel. The contrast cut details just pop on this bike.

Road 6 Holey Roller bar.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today's addition

I am happy with the Lepera Nomad II seat. It blends into the line of the bike really well.

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
Looking good, I'm biased towards the contrast look.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A quick note -

The Klock Werks 14" WS didn't work with my apes position. The hand controls hit the WS at full lock. I also sat low enough that I was looking through the curve of the sheild. The much lower seat had my sight line about 2 inches lower and you can't see through the sheild with that optical curve. I put the stock WS back on. When I run my touring seat I may want another screen but we will see how it works out at Daytona in a week.

·
Registered
593 Posts
You've got a beauty there and the theme came together nicely. Sweet ride.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Clean awesome look. WINNAH!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Looks good, I really like the Black and Contrast with the Orange paint..Great job.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Daytona! Thank God I went down there. Still snowing here in Massachusetts today.

Here is a shot of the left side.

Horn cover is from PM

Dash insert from PM

Thanks for the positive comments. I love the bike and am impressed with the 2015 Road Glide as a whole. The Lepera Nomad II seat is a winner with lower stance but comfort for a day trip. The lower seat makes my stock wind screen work really well for my 5'10" height. I think the seat lowers me about 2 inches. This also works in conjunction with the position of the 13" apes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts