Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first Harley! I got a super good deal on this thing, but it's origins are a mystery. It was listed for sale as a regular road glide, has the smaller radio plus air shocks. BUT it came in special blue with pinstripes, inner painted fairing, and smaller piece below the nose was painted, and abs. I ran the VIN and it came back as a road glide special. It was titled in 2015 from Indiana with 5 miles, again in 2016 with 5 miles, again in 2018 in Virginia with 14,387 miles, and I bought it with 14,388 miles in Indiana. So weird to me. It looks like the previous owner had upgrades on it, but took them all off before it was sold. MYSTERY. Obviously this is a thread to document our builds, so here is mine! So far I've added:
a screamin eagle intake with black factory cover s&s race/tour slip on exhaust
custom Dynamics LED turn signals
Vance and hines fp3 auto tuner
Black center console
Extended Soft Brake shifters and brake pedal
2 different mustang seats, a 2up 1 piece, and also a mustang solo seat
Passenger floor boards (were missing when I bought it)
Harley airflow high way pegs.

Next upgrades wanted: (after I sell some of my extra bang bangs)
Vance and Hines black headers
Kst custom 14" bars
Sound system upgrades (nothing too crazy) yet
Cir0 3d rear tail light

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Picture limit was reached! Heres a couple more. Not only have I fallen in love with this bike, it has rejuvenated my love for working on things! I used to be a car guy, then I got married, bought a house, took a tour with the Army overseas, had 3 kids started 2 businesses, sold the sports car and bought a mini van. This bike has been a blessing! And I've only screwed up twice, lost the stupid spring from under the ignition switch, and put my docking hardware on backwards.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Repo, auction or bought from dealer? Congrats. If you got a great deal, you can start making it your own. Welcome to the tank from Michigan.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Congrats on the beautiful, new scoot. I have the same bike as you - 2015 Special in blue. It's just not blue anymore. It's a disease, welcome to it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Repo, auction or bought from dealer? Congrats. If you got a great deal, you can start making it your own. Welcome to the tank from Michigan.
I bought it from a dealership, but the VIN check came back with no repos or not stolen. Pretty sure it went to an auction, and the guys I bought it from got it there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Couple add ons since I last posted. Kst 12" bars, Vance and Hines headers, multiple blacked out covers, new Sony radio, Sinister sounds fairing speakers with Arc audio 4 channel amp. On the honey do list: Gp suspension front shocks (Thank you Howard) blacked out front forks, Ciro 3d rear tail light, new black mirrors, black highway pegs and mounts, Corbin custom 2 up seat.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts