Road Glide banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having issues with my suspension I am 240 lbs my wife is about 120 I have my suspension turned up 17 times I still bottom out what gives it drives me crazy! is there a fix for this problem or should I just crank it all the way up?:mad:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I am having issues with my suspension I am 240 lbs my wife is about 120 I have my suspension turned up 17 times I still bottom out what gives it drives me crazy! is there a fix for this problem or should I just crank it all the way up?:mad:
You need to go aftermarket. Progressive 940s or Ohlins. If you have the money, call Howard at http://motorcyclemetal.com/, he'll fix you up with the right Ohlins.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I know a guy who weighs 325 and his wife is at least 180. He switched to Progressive 970's and loves them. He's also an extraordinarily aggressive rider and races crotch rockets through the twisties on his Road Glide. I have the same shock and I weigh 185 and they work great for me too.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm assuming you have air shocks on the rear suspension. If so 17# is not enough. Try 40-50# and see how it feels.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Have you gone back to the dealership to have them check things out for you?

I am about 295 and my bride is 165-ish. I keep it set between 1/2 - 3/4 and it works well for us. We do hit quite a few rough roads here in NE Oklahoma, too.

Unless you are just set on upgrading, then I'm just thinking, if it's under warranty then let them fix it up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Time for an Air Ride Upgrade

I weigh in at 230, wife 105. Just installed Dirty Air Baller kit and could not be happier. Didn't even tell the wife when I did it and she noticed immediately!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I understand your point and frustration. You spend $24 THOUSAND dollars on a touring bike, yet the manufacturer can't provide adequate enough suspension? The suspension should be top notch. You should not be able to buy any better suspension with any amount of money....

It is what it is I guess.

I'd tell the dealer first just in case it is a warranty issue. Use that warranty to the max!

If its all good, I'd try to find a set of used upgraded shocks. Be tough for the 15's but I'd hunt the internet if it were me and try before spending money on new.

·
Registered
73 Posts
After 1500 miles this weekend only issue I have nite is the seat. Imma hit up a good local upholstery guy and shave mine down and soften it a little.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Same issue here... I think the RGS is at a disadvantage out of the gate since it's only a 12" shock. I contacted Howard and got a pair of Ohlins 2.5's. I'm extremely satisfied with the Ohlins performance. Go with a decent pair of aftermarket shocks and don't look back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.