Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 roadglide with performance machine breather, thunderheader full 2into1 exhaust and SERT. Bike only gets about 160 miles to the tank.

I don't think the SERT tune is right because the deal ship I bought it from doesn't have a dyno.

I wonder if they just did the standard "DownLoad'

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
2015 roadglide with performance machine breather, thunderheader full 2into1 exhaust and SERT. Bike only gets about 160 miles to the tank.

I don't think the SERT tune is right because the deal ship I bought it from doesn't have a dyno.

Even if they did, that would not be the cause of your problem.

·
Registered
111 Posts

The pro tuner can tune in smart tune mode ( closed loop) on the street and not neede a dyno,.. cruise range = MPG.

However with the pipe you have there is not a great starting map. It would take several changes on a dyno to get it into a some what close ball park. So if a map was just down loaded and a small amount of street riding in smart tune. There is your issue without a doubt. Take the bike to a shop that understands the Harley Super tuner and have them build a custom map for your bike

To get that poor of MPG the tune is in open loop and incorrect or they left it in closed loop but the map is extremely off target. Either way it needs to be corrected.

Down load the soft ware from HD buy the cables read the instructions and go make some smart tune's on your own. You can get it closer in the mean time.

Here is a link you can watch step by step on how the system works.
http://prosupertuner.harley-davidson.com/training/index.html

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
The pro tuner can tune in smart tune mode ( closed loop) on the street and not neede a dyno,.. cruise range = MPG.

However with the pipe you have there is not a great starting map. It would take several changes on a dyno to get it into a some what close ball park. So if a map was just down loaded and a small amount of street riding in smart tune. There is your issue without a doubt. Take the bike to a shop that understands the Harley Super tuner and have them build a custom map for your bike

To get that poor of MPG the tune is in open loop and incorrect or they left it in closed loop but the map is extremely off target. Either way it needs to be corrected.

Down load the soft ware from HD buy the cables read the instructions and go make some smart tune's on your own. You can get it closer in the mean time.

Here is a link you can watch step by step on how the system works.
http://prosupertuner.harley-davidson.com/training/index.html
What he said.... you're running way rich to only get 160 a tank

·
Registered
483 Posts
How many gallons is it taking to fill up? you say 160 per tank but your gauge or low fuel light could be off , unless we know how many gallons its taking for that 160 miles its anyone's guess what may or may not be the problem, if its only taking 4 gallons then your getting 40 MPG which is average .
Although you have gotten some good advice I think more info is needed on fill up gallons .

·
Registered
462 Posts
Holly crap something is not correct. My two generation old '08 get 44 in town and 50 plus on the highway. Better trade it in and get an older model!

·
Registered
37 Posts

That is ridiculously low. I just had a stage 1 done a few days ago and went out for a 230 mile ride and still have about another 30 to 40 miles left.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm not a tuner expert, but that does seem very low. Mine gets well over 200 on a tank. I'm on a stock tune, but from what I've heard the tune improves the gas mileage, not makes it worse.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Somthing a miss

Something is not functioning as designed.
I'm running full open loop and getting 240-260 miles a tank depending on how heavy the right wrist is working... and the terrain, etc. of course,
Bottom line: something needs attention to add another 90 miles of distance to your fill-ups.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Figure out your MPG over 5-6 tanks and different riding conditions. The miles per tank does not really give a good indication...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts