Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently changed handlebars. Everything is working fine except the radio control button. I can turn the volume up and down but can't change channels. I have tried unplugging the wires and plug them back in. Still doesn't work. Is there a way to trouble shoot this? Or is there a history of these switches going bad? Every function works but the function I described. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
On my old 15, my left switch pack would not activate the cruise control, everything else was fine. I had to change the switch pack to correct the issue. So that is possible for something like that to happen. I assume it worked for a bit after the bar install? Just for the heck of it, I would take a look at your settings in the infotainment center to ensure all settings are correct. If it did not work right after the bar install, not sure as you have double checked wiring. Hopefully others can give better input.

Also, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah my feeling is I am going to have to replace the left side switch control. With everything else working fine kind of tells me the volume control is bad since it only involves the left and right function and not up and down function.

And thanks.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I ended up changing the switch pack, but pulling the main fuse reset it and it worked for a couple weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The switch pack has been revised two times, so Harley knows there are problems with the part. My left side switch doesn't jump past song when using a memory stick. Neither does the odometer reset button work.

Whats stops me from having it repaired by warranty, is dealers by me don't stock the part. So I can either leave the bike for 3-4-5 days, or take it in, get diagnosed, leave with bike after paying the detectable ($50) and returning when the part comes in and paying another $50. Neither of which appeals to me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts