Road Glide banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody help me with wiring for my newly added tour pack with brake/turn/tail lamp kit? There are no pre-drilled holes in the tour pack and the light bar is for replacement, not new tour pack. Also, the salesman is not finding how to connect the wiring harness into existing wiring.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wish I could help, still looking for a stock light for my '15 tour pak. Wish the dealer had mentioned it when I ordered everything, guess they assumed I wanted no lights.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
You can order the complete harness from HD but it's not sold separately. It's sold with the CB and radio antenna ($81). I just ordered the socket ends of the harness and pins and will build my own harness. I saved $60 this way plus I can customize it as i like. As for getting a template for mounting your wrap around light it, you will have to make your own. As you mentioned before, the light kit is sold as a replacement.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
803 Posts
Would anyone happen to have the part number for the light bar?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Thanks Q-Hog. That shows up on Kutter as a TOURPAK LIGHT, TAIL, DOM at $311, so it sounds right. Am I correct that this has the red light as opposed to the smoked version that can be found in the catalog (red is what I want).

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
4,476 Posts
Will the newer light bar (14+) light bar hookup to the older 13 and later wiring? I'm looking to use a 14+ tour pac with the run-turn-brake light bar.
Yes it will. Talked to a guy on FB that put a new style TP with light bar on his 09' CVO. He bought a plug at O'Reilly's and matched up the wiring like Q-Hoq stated. He said it worked great. I'm still on the fence about which lighting I want to add to my TP.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thx QHog and RGKen.....Great to hear that. I was wondering if the newer style TP LED light bar had a decoder init due to the brake and turn wire being one and the same. All i need to get now is a pin-out of the newer LED light bar connector and put my Avionics skills to use.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's a pain to piece together

Wish I could help, still looking for a stock light for my '15 tour pak. Wish the dealer had mentioned it when I ordered everything, guess they assumed I wanted no lights.
same here. Found the rear light on ebay for 100.00 someone probably swapped out for a smoked one. Was at the dealership this weekend and ordered the wiring and screws for around 100.00. Going to make a template for drilling and take a couple pix of one at the dealer when I pick up the parts

On a side note the dealer ordered the detachable mount. It's rattling after 5000 miles. Found a rigid mount take off for 50.00 on ebay this morning, thats getting replaced too

·
Registered
34 Posts
Started to install my light

I picked the light up for around 100.00 on ebay. Went to the dealer the other day and ordered the harness and screws. Made a drill template this morning. WIll port more as I install. Went ahead and ordered the lower marker lights, power outlet, and chrome trim today so a little delay in getting this mounted. ALSO I let the original dealer order me a detachable mount. AFter 5000 miles it's rattleing. Picked up a new solid mount for 50.00 on ebay again as a take off.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
same here. Found the rear light on ebay for 100.00 someone probably swapped out for a smoked one. Was at the dealership this weekend and ordered the wiring and screws for around 100.00. Going to make a template for drilling and take a couple pix of one at the dealer when I pick up the parts

On a side note the dealer ordered the detachable mount. It's rattling after 5000 miles. Found a rigid mount take off for 50.00 on ebay this morning, thats getting replaced too
I believe it's the company in Ft. Worth that makes the stainless mounting bushings that eliminates the plastic coated ones that wear out. I believe it is AMS, Automotive Machine & Supply - Home. After these you will not have the rattle any longer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.