Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I Have bought the tourpak, and Lightbar for my 2015 road glide. I understand I will need to cut and drill the tourpak to get the light bar to fit. What I'm trying to figure out is If the wiring is already on the bike as a Plug and play or do I have to do some wiring myself ?.

· Registered
2,001 Posts
On my 12 there is a plug under the seat,plug and play.

· Registered
7,121 Posts
If nothing has changed between 09 & 15 with regard to the lighting you unplug the wire harness going to the taillights, then plug the tour pack harness in and then the regular tail light harness should plug into the back of the wire harness from the tour pack.

I don't have a factory light bar on my tour pack, but I would hope the wire harness works the same way.

· Registered
2,001 Posts
Mine has a dedicated plug for the tour pac light.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked to the Dealer today and they confirmed on the 15 there isn't a plug and play option. I would have to make my own wire harness rewire the harness i bought with the light bar. At this point Im thinking I Don't need the light bar that bad.

If I am wrong please post a picture so I can see the Plug and also harness.

· Registered
255 Posts
I went ahead and purchased the tourpak harness that is in the Ultra Limited because that way I can add the side lights, light bar, power outlet or anything else that is available just like if it was an Ultra RG. The dealer did say that the service guy had to make a connection harness but I am not sure about that. I am awaiting a service manual and as soon as I get it I plan to go thru the wiring diagrams and see what it has or doesn't have. I am also having the saddlebag LED lights put on it too because they definitely give you better visibility. They come in smoke or red also. They are good and bright. Going to add a Custom Dynamics LED control unit to add strobe functions to the brake/tail lights too. If you haven't seen one, check them out. They are pretty cool. I will post a video of it all after it is finally finished.

· Registered
32 Posts
N king
That's a great plan
Can you help with the harness part # as well
I would love to make mine like an ultra as well
Like you main intent is visibility as well
When I got to looking at my bike that brake light at the bottom of the fender didn't seem like much warning
What kind of cost is all this

Thanks f k r any help

· Registered
1,205 Posts
For those of you trying to put together lights and stuff on a bike that didn't come with it originally, instead of relying on a parts dude at the dealer to fabricate something that may or may not work, why not give the guys at NAMZ (http://www.namzcustomcycleproducts.com/) a shout. If they don't already have it made they can make it for you. They specialize in plug and play harnesses for most applications. I too bought the "Quick disconnect " Harness from the moco when I bought my four point system and all it came with was a couple of bare delco connectors and some pins, with instructions on how to supposedly wire it up to the existing harness. Needless to say it was very frustrating for me. I stumbled across the NAMZ web sit, called their tech line, explained what I was looking for and had a custom plug and play harness in my hands a couple days later for less than the crap the MOCO sold me. Give them a shout out, you wont be disappointed.

· Registered
7,783 Posts
I made my own wire harness from the diagram in the service manual. It cost me under $20 for connectors and some quiet time, i already had some wires. I even added a connector for the LED lids spoiler. If you have time and the right tools, give it a try. Here a pic out of the service manual. Good luck.

Attachments

· Registered
255 Posts
Wiring help for 2015 RGS Tourpak lights

I came across this as I was looking thru the web. I am not sure if it will get you all the lights that are available on the new tourpak but it is a start.

http://www.baddad.com/products/part/81009

I will be getting the rest of my stuff for my build in the next day or two so I wll start posting stuff for adding tourpak, lights, speakers on a new 2015 RGS. Good luck with this.
Nick

· Registered
108 Posts
N king
That's a great plan
Can you help with the harness part # as well
I would love to make mine like an ultra as well
Like you main intent is visibility as well
When I got to looking at my bike that brake light at the bottom of the fender didn't seem like much warning
What kind of cost is all this

Thanks f k r any help
If you have a 15 the bottom light on the fender is just a running light.
Your brake light is integrated in the turns

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.