Road Glide banner

2015 and up Road Glide. Vent screens for the 3 holes in the fairing.

• Yes, I have to have them. They work great

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • No, Don't need them. Never had a problem with bugs getting thru the holes.

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • They don't work. Had them and took them off.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I never tried them

Votes: 25 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a trip to Sturgis coming up was wondering if I need to install the vent screens to keep a lot of bugs from flying thru the holes in the fairing. Do you use vent screens for the 3 holes in the fairing or just the 2 big holes. If so what brand?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well worth it from the sheer number of bugs I have rinsed out of them

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Somewhere on here, someone posted a template to make your own if you're handy enough. Or if you give a handy, someone may make em for you.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
The number of dead bees that I have removed from mine makes it more than worth what it cost to buy them.
I too have removed my share of dead bees from the vents. I rented a RGU last month without vent screens. I got stung once in North Dakota and once in South Dakota. I have no clue if vents would have stopped them. The one in the picture was in my hair. It waited for me to get in the shower and I came out and stung my foot. I don't know why the bees of the Dakotas don't like me.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Before getting the screens for all three vents I never noticed getting hit by bugs, After install I have noticed they do catch a lot of bugs. If allergic to bees or wasps I would say they are needed.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I wear protective gear so I want as much air flow as possible. Never got stung by a dead bee hitting my mesh jacket.

So, if you ride in a T-shirt and no helmet you probably want as much protection in front of you that you can afford.

Also, if you ride at dusk you will encounter more bugs than if you stop mid afternoon.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes I run all three. Got mine from Elegant Soutions. He is a retired marine in Colorado. His screens match the speaker grills and the materiel is thicker than all the others I found. Love them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've only put 10K mile on my RGS but I have never had any bugs come thru the vents... I was contemplating them when I first got her, but after riding her for a while I don't see any need. I've seen the pics of bugs in the screens so they obviously catch them, but all the bugs that I've been hit by seem to come over the top of the fairing..not thru it... just my 2 cents

·
Registered
378 Posts
I run all three. I have to clean the screens all the time. Would never think of taking them out. Purchased them from motorcycleventscreens.com. They are a heavy gauge mesh with a great job on the powder coating.

·
Registered
50 Posts
"Road Glide Vent Screens"

I have a trip to Sturgis coming up was wondering if I need to install the vent screens to keep a lot of bugs from flying thru the holes in the fairing. Do you use vent screens for the 3 holes in the fairing or just the 2 big holes. If so what brand?
You you'll find what you're looking for by a google search for "Road Glide Vent Screens". Lots of excellent product reviews can be found HERE

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was going to make some, but so far all of the bugs that have came through the top vent have went OVER my head. I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam and bad posture. I wonder how much the air movement created by different windshields affects this process. I have a 11" LRS Stingray.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My only hits are like the flying rock to the windshield. You think you see something floating in the air....then SCHWAPPPP! And they alway come from the perimeter of the fairing. Im sure they're needed, for something... I've riding through a bee swarm before, a couple.. many times... but, I didn't bother to count how many came through the vents... it just sucks

·
Registered
684 Posts
Made my own from an old mesh screen garbage can. I too clean many bees and bugs from them. I just have the bottom 2 large vents screened.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts