Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOOKING FOR INFO ON ADDING APES TO A 2015 ,WHAT WOULD BE THE TALLEST I CAN GO WITH NOT DOING
WIRES OR CABLES BRAKE ETC;;
SOME INFO I HAVE SAYS 14 BUT I FIND THAT HARD TO TRUE I WAND A CLEAD PROPER JOB DONE NO SHORT CUTS LOL.
:confused:

·
Registered
152 Posts
14's in general but that depends a lot on the width and pullback of the bars. Road 6 customs and Factory 47 have some excellent YouTube videos that show the process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
988 Posts
I agree with the above. Alot of it has to do with the width & pullback. I have 12.5" Wild 1's Chubbys on mine, and the wiring was tight. It worked but I wasn't comfortable with it so I used the NAMZ 4" extensions. The width on mine are like 36" and like a 10" pullback.
Lil Chief

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have 13" bars from Raod 6.

14" is probably possible but it would be tight. There are probably too many variables: brand, pullback, actual height vs advertised height, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
If I were to buy a new bike, the 13" road 6 customs would be on order.

·
Registered
66 Posts
+1 for Road 6 Customs

I got the 13" bars and put them on my 2016. I have no experience doing stuff like this and I was able to do it without any problems. The hardest part was running the wires but that wasn't even that bad. They made a big difference in comfort.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
F47 14" Malos Fit me perfect at 5'7" and no mods needed

Sent from Note4 via TapaTalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
I got 12" Spookyfast bars on mine and was able to put 13" Road 6 Customs on two of my buddies' bikes with no issues. You will have to cut a few of the zip ties for the brake and clutch lines, but 14" is probably the tallest you'll be able to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I had 13" LA Choppers Twin Peaks and all the factors lines and cabling worked perfectly without have to change anything out.

Now that I have 16" apes, everything needed to be replace with new.

Good luck searching brother.

It will take some time to select the right setup for you.

Swomack

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
LOOKING FOR INFO ON ADDING APES TO A 2015 ,WHAT WOULD BE THE TALLEST I CAN GO WITH NOT DOING
WIRES OR CABLES BRAKE ETC;;
SOME INFO I HAVE SAYS 14 BUT I FIND THAT HARD TO TRUE I WAND A CLEAD PROPER JOB DONE NO SHORT CUTS LOL.
:confused:
First, your capslock key is on.

Second - doesnt it make more sense to choose the most comforatble bars, and if that requires cables, buy them?

Personally I would not choose bars by whether I can keep the horribly ugly stock cables. No shortcuts, right?

But what the hell do I know?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have Road 6 Customs Naked 13" bars and love them. Installed myself in about 30 minutes. Used original cables with no problems but the cables are just long enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
Harley Tall Boy 12s on my '15 and stock cables with ease, no pulling, stretching, cutting corners - Pics in my Garage - I am 5'11 and a 34 inseam and the bars have my spaghetti noodles at a tad under shoulder height

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the feed back ,

I'm going to decide between the Factory 47 signature bars 14 rise 1.5 thickness

or the FMB mercenary 14 inch 1.25 thickness

I like the thick bar look its in first place so far lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did the F47 Malos 14 inch and absolutely love them. The video was fairly spot on. I didn't have to unpin any of the connectors like they did in the video either. I don't believe anything taller (at least in the Malo bar) would fit without longer hoses and cable extensions.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well after a few hours on the Net ,I came across BAD SEED CYCLES 2015 RG BAR !!!!

Decided on the 14 rise

comes raw and I will powder coat black

looks like a great bar and fabrication ,

one on one customer service via email ,

price is good ,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts