Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2016 RGU 103, which over the holidays I had a Harley 110 kit installed.
VH naked v02 a/c
VH power duals
VH twin slasher slip-on
SE 585 cams
10.2:1 compression
4" cylinders
Power vision

Let me know what you guys think. It's seems a little on the low side to me, compared to other builds I've seen posted.

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just about what mine got. I to was believed/hoping I was putting out more HP. But your mods and dyno really smoothed out the motor over the entire length of the run, plus you have awesome power gains from the original run. Nothing to be ashamed of there brother. Better hang onto these bars a bit tighter now. Bet it feel like the front end is ready to lift off now too!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be getting my bike back Tuesday they're replacing my warped front rotors under warranty. They didn't have the rotors in stock. I'll post some screen shots of the tune once I get it downloaded on my computer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's definitely more responsive, even riding two up. I'm not really disappointed, it's a blast to ride. I can always add more later, heads port and polished, throttle body, or just up grade to a 107 then to 114.

·
Registered
936 Posts
My first run on the 103 to 110 big bore conversation was with the V&H power duels/High outputs, SE Heavy Breather, SE255. It posted 97bhp - 117 Ft/lb.

When I traded out the SE255's for SE259E's, it jumped up to 113bhp - 123 Ft/lb.

I hope that comparison helps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's crazy I asked the dealer if I should change the cams to the SE 255 or the 259 they said stay with the 585.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Does seem a little low especially since it's done in STD correction factor. STD generally shows about 4% higher than SAE which is more widely accepted.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can I have the shop convert the std to SAE? Not sure I would want to know what those numbers are. I my mind it does rip for sure. I don't know if a cam change will be in my future but I'm gong to ride the sh_t out of it.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I don't know if a cam change will be in my future but I'm gong to ride the sh_t out of it.
That's all that really matters. Have Fun, Enjoy the Hell out of it, and just Ride!!

Who cares what the numbers are, if you're happy with it, enjoy it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also did 110 kit. However I used Hpi 58 throttle body, V&H 575 cam, V7H FuelPak3 tuner. Still need dyno tuned. But got 110 tq/107 hp. Mine is low as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm looking at adding the SE pro cnc ported heads with HPi 55mm throttle body with 4.9 injectors. I have the VH FP3 as well but I tuned with power vision have not used the FP3 to see what it says.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Stock heads?
A good 2 into 1 would help.
I'd maybe try another cam as well. Personally have had excellent results with the 259.
I gather you're asking me?

Yes, I have V&H true duals, and I didnt have the additional cash for porting and a 2-1 (at least another $1600), figuring I can do that sometime later.

But my point is - look how well mine did without, and its a 107

·
Registered
20 Posts
I gather you're asking me?

Yes, I have V&H true duals, and I didnt have the additional cash for porting and a 2-1 (at least another $1600), figuring I can do that sometime later.

But my point is - look how well mine did without, and its a 107
Was more for the OP but no worries. I should have quoted him on my post.
Yours looks very nice for an initial build and I'm sure its super fun to ride.
Early torque and it stays late! Always a good deal.
I'm not one to chase numbers as all dyno's are different, I look at curves and yours is definitely meaty. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes I'm running stock heads and throttle body. I'm getting a second opinion on my tune next week and will decide if I will and the SE pro cnc ported head with valve upgrade and throttle body. I want to go with the HPi 55mm because I can use my stack a/c cover and won't have to shell out more $$$$ for a new a/c.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You could always change the cams again if you want more power but i believe they design and tune it for the average daily driver. A little more HP & TQ over the entire range. It does look like a decent upgrade from stock. Looks good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes I'm running stock heads and throttle body. I'm getting a second opinion on my tune next week and will decide if I will and the SE pro cnc ported head with valve upgrade and throttle body. I want to go with the HPi 55mm because I can use my stack a/c cover and won't have to shell out more $$$$ for a new a/c.
My recommendation would be to either find a local shop and have them port your heads, or send them off somewhere to have them done vs. buying the ones from HD.
That way you can discuss what you've done so far, how you ride and even other cam options.

But hey, opinions are like assholes right. :grin:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know 2 guys with that cam. Their curves look the same... I believe they are designed to be EPA compliant and to work nicely with stock head pipes including the CAT...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts