Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold a 2012 CVO Ultra Screamin Eagle and bought a 2016 Fltru and really like the bike but find I'm looking for more power. So far I have put Vance and Hines power duals on it, Fuel Moto Stage 1 pro billet air cleaner, Power Vision with Fuel Moto tune on it and it's ok just need a little more. It's in storage for the winter at this point but next spring I'm thinking different cams or a 107 kit. It only has 105 miles on it but the wife said get it the way you want it. $3000 max looking for torque and reliability any ideas would be appreciated. I don't have the tools or time to wrench myself. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
For a heavy Ultra???

Andrews 48 cams as a bolt in or Andrews 57 cams with a thinner head gasket. Change the lifters for a better set. Save the rest of the coin for gas and ride the crap out of it.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
For a heavy Ultra???

Andrews 48 cams as a bolt in or Andrews 57 cams with a thinner head gasket. Change the lifters for a better set. Save the rest of the coin for gas and ride the crap out of it.
Dead on. Your choice between these two cams? The 57's will pull further out to the right. The 48's start a little earlier to the left and quit sooner. I love my 57's but you can't go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
If you want more power dump the power duals and do a 2-1. The power difference with a 2-1 is amazing!

The Power Duals are not that far away from a 2 into 1. You are not going to gain that much for the money as difference is minimal. I ran both on the same bike and both had a great dyno tune and the 2 into 1 only gained about 3hp and 5tq. The PD's actually do a great job of mimicking a 2 into 1.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The Power Duals are not that far away from a 2 into 1. You are not going to gain that much for the money as difference is minimal. I ran both on the same bike and both had a great dyno tune and the 2 into 1 only gained about 3hp and 5tq. The PD's actually do a great job of mimicking a 2 into 1.
'Agree with Ken on the PDs, Look at some of the SE stuff, would want to keep warranty

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
'Agree with Ken on the PDs, Look at some of the SE stuff, would want to keep warranty
The after market Andrews 57 will not void your warranty unless they can prove the cams are the reason for the warranty work. For me, I let my dealer know what I'm doing and discuss it with them. Such things as this they are fine with.

·
Registered
546 Posts
"The PD's actually do a great job of mimicking a 2 into 1."

Spot on. The PD's are a 2 into 1 into 2. Excellent volume and every bit as good as 2X1. I like 2X1's but when you have a CVO with extended bags and cut outs you need duals. I've seen PD's along with Kury Crusher Mellows support 135 horsepower.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have used both the PD and the 2-1 and I thought by the seat of the pants feel the 2-1 had a tiny tiny bit of bottom end increase. I like the sound of the PD much better than the 2-1 though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts