Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently waiting for my new F-47 14" Signature bars to be shipped on 7-11 & was thinking about re-roting the clutch & brake lines PRIOR to receiving the bars to help expedite the handlebar installation when I finally receive the bars. Has anyone done this prior to receiving the handlebars? Should I wait? Will it cause any issues?
With the wait on the bars, it's pushing the install to right before we leave for Sturgis so I thought this might help the bar install process by doing this in advance.

Thanks,
Clay

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Hey Klay, there isn't any harm in re-routing the brake and clutch lines right now. You may just end up with a little more slop you need to hide up front until the new bars arrive.

I haven't looked at the F47 install video for the 14" Signature bars, but I've been into the instrument nacelle and through the hydraulic line routing on several occasions now. For the 14" you should be able to just clip the zip ties that hold the lines to the risers, clip the zip tie that holds the clutch line to the brake line up under the front fairing, and possibly ditch the wire routing caddy along the right side of the frame (up near the steering neck). It doesn't take much time, but I'd probably do one "release" at a time until you find the amount of line that you need. You might get lucky and not need to re-route anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts