Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I moved my MPAC 6 from my street glide to road glide. I had the HU flased by dealer for flat output. The sound is clear but playing my same iPOD doesn't seem as loud. I can however max the volume without any distortion. What I didn't do was any gain adjustment. Do others agree that with the different HU and flat flash I might gain more volume from a gain adjustment?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Sweet! Best advice you can get is from the manufacturer. Might have to give them a call about their Road Glide system...>:)

·
Registered
408 Posts
The Rushmore head units have a weird EQ curve designed for the Boom crap, when you put a good amp to it you get distortion when setup to the correct gains ie using a multi meter or oscilloscope.

You need a way to clean up the signal before it hits the amp to be amplified.

One of the most cost effective ways is the Biketronics Line Leveler (BT355), it has gain adjustments and HPF built in to it. I have mine set at about 2.0 out before the amp and it's can scream with those 602's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1U_5hkRx8

I also have a couple videos of the voltage output from the BT355's, I've gone from stock seting to max to where it is now at 2.0 volts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts