Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone had asked about the differences. I got pix of both colors today so I thought I'd post them up. The first are the Gold flake on a SG.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hate to admit it but the flames look much better on the batwing than on the Shark. Like we got a leftover design and they "made" it "fit" the sharknose. One of these days we won't be the redheaded stepchild.:(

·
Registered
336 Posts
I hate to admit it but the flames look much better on the batwing than on the Shark. Like we got a leftover design and they "made" it "fit" the sharknose. One of these days we won't be the redheaded stepchild.:(
Your right, I seen one today at the dealership and I must say they look a whole lot better on a Street Glide than on a Roadie..That Hard Black looks awesome with the light hitting it,,,

·
Registered
600 Posts
To each their own, but I'm not a fan of the hard candy paint. To much glitter for me. Saw the gold on a SG in Reno last week and thought it looked like something Liberace would ride.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I like both the colors. I don't care for the "flame" job on the roadglide but I do like the colors. Yes they are very bright and have alot of "Bling" but they're kind of cool. Definitly no excuse for someone in a car "not to see you" when you're rolling along on those paint jobs. Sort of like being in a bass boat with all that glitter :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I like flake but don't care for the flames much. The flames are a nice design...for 10-15 years ago.

·
Registered
175 Posts
OMG...WOW...well they are definately some "love em or hate em" type of colors. good luck trying to repair rock chips, color matching or any other potential paint work to those!
Like having a choice in colors beside the usual black...but damnit HD...what are you guys thinking.
those colors remind me of bass fishing boats...I guess for those riders who constantly ride near lakes and rivers...
JMO...
Cheers

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
OMG...WOW...well they are definately some "love em or hate em" type of colors. good luck trying to repair rock chips, color matching or any other potential paint work to those!

Like having a choice in colors beside the usual black...but damnit HD...what are you guys thinking.

those colors remind me of bass fishing boats...I guess for those riders who constantly ride near lakes and rivers...

JMO...

Cheers

Harley sells the touch up paint for those, just like any other color.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Some of the new candy hard flake and pearl colors are fine...the graphics and striping, especially those on the Road Glides, are horrible in my mind.
In all the pictures I saw I thought the same thing with the cosmic blue pearl, but the graphics look pretty good in person. To me, anyway.

·
Registered
232 Posts
In person the gold candy wasn't that appealing. More of an East L.A. look to it. The silver Denim is pretty nice minus the denim cleaner required to maintain it lol.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
..... call me crazy, i thought the HC Gold looked subtler than the Black Gold

......... though the flame graphics looked better with the Black
..... haven't seen the Gold on a Road Glide yet, the black one's been sitting on the floor @ PPHD for 2 months now, that might be why
..... if they'd'a offered the HC Gold with pin striping on an Ultra, they'd have my deposit !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts