Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

· Registered
1,860 Posts
I went to two area dealers today, one in KS and the other in MO. The KS dealer wouldn't comment on the timing of receiving the 2016s but their new model launch is shown as Aug. 29th on the HOG site. The other dealership said their first shipment of 2016 models arrives Monday and they would have them on the floor late next week, as well.

Interestingly enough, Indian was offering demo rides for their new models at their dealership across the highway from the KS Harley dealer today. There were people lined up to ride every bike and the parking lot had many more Harleys in it than other makes...go figure!

· Registered
98 Posts
Interestingly enough, Indian was offering demo rides for their new models at their dealership across the highway from the KS Harley dealer today. There were people lined up to ride every bike and the parking lot had many more Harleys in it than other makes...go figure!
Nothing I would loose any sleep over. Harley has come close but has managed to hang on. Polaris/Victory/Indian(High end Victory) has a 102 year old name and branding on a 2 year old product line that boils down to skirted fenders on Victories with what appears to be a modified chromed up S&S x-wedge engine. Whatever Indian is now the product line isn't old enough to have a history, and there is no aftermarket for it yet.

I'm excited about my 2013 Road Glide Custom. She is new to me and that is good enough. She is purty, sounds good, and rides like a dream. Not really concerned about what HD is releasing now, or for that matter anyone else.

· Gone But Not Forgotten
3,967 Posts
.....the parking lot had many more Harleys in it than other makes...go figure!
.. nothing to figure, Indian's mkt is guys who now ride Harleys

Nothing I would loose any sleep over. .
........ but it is a series of models that Harley didn't even have to pay attention to less than 5 yrs ago

...... i bet the Sunday night thing is to preview the new softails w/ 110's

· Registered
1,636 Posts
Yeah, been curious myself. I am not necessarily in the market for a new bike, but I always like to see what's new.
I also stopped by my dealer yesterday and was told that one big change is going to be to the Heritage Softail, he did not know what, but said should be enough that any 15's wont sell next to a 16 ? I remember a dealer saying such a thing about the touring bikes this time in 08 when they debuted the new 09 frame (which was enough to make me trade my 05 at the time).

· Registered
3,687 Posts
It would be great to upgrade, but I love my 13 FLTRU. Truthfully it will be much cheaper to just drop an S&S 124 in than to upgrade, so that is my plan in a couple years, and I figure I'll be way ahead of the game from a performance and reliability perspective.

I've got cruise, ABS and a nice stereo, das all I need!

· Registered
434 Posts
It would be great to upgrade, but I love my 13 FLTRU. Truthfully it will be much cheaper to just drop an S&S 124 in than to upgrade, so that is my plan in a couple years, and I figure I'll be way ahead of the game from a performance and reliability perspective.

I hear ya on that. That's what I'm thinking in a couple of years my 2012 is already set up the way I want it and besides still love the big blue pearl.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
1,431 Posts
I'm with yas.I don't see anything in the rushmore roadglides that would be worth spending money on and starting over.My 12 RGU is almost where I want it.They now price the RGS higher than my RGU was in 2012.

· Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I agree, still like the look of the older ones too. I'm still curious to see what the new models have to offer

· Registered
454 Posts
New Model!

The Recall King! The following are the stats for the press release:
New 7.07cu.in. engine to be more EPA friendly.
Saddlebags will just fall off to streamline wind resistance.
New shocks won't be mounted at all since they can't get it right from the factory.
New paints from the Crayola 8 box.
Handlebars are optional accessories now.
Who needs abs? eliminated!
>:)

· Registered
44 Posts
The periscope broadcast was totally lame. It's still going on but I deleted the app. No new touring bikes and they stated 16's were on website. Wrong also. MOCO don't send me an email stating something big is coming and then broadcast videos of Sportsters and Streets!!! Lame!!

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.