Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have searched this form and only seem to find an old link to a Lyndell page that no longer works. I am replacing my break rotors and pads (9000mi) on the bike. My problem is that the outer two pistons on both of my front calipers don't want to compress. I've tried a big screw driver with a present wrench, removed the master cylinder cover, used a small c clamp nothing seems to work. What am I missing? Help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
when I did my brakes pad change. I had that issue on the rear. I ended up cracking the bleeder just a tiny bit to release the pressure.

·
Super Moderator
10,201 Posts
either that or remove the master cylinder cover , remember when you compress the pistons , they are pushing fluid back up the lines ...

JtB

·
Registered
910 Posts
Question I have, at 9000 miles, the rotors need changed as well? Are they bad cause of the calipers not working maybe?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Question I have, at 9000 miles, the rotors need changed as well? Are they bad cause of the calipers not working maybe?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Dan if Your calipers are sticking and not releasing they will heat up the rotors causing them to warp and You’ll feel vibration when braking.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
910 Posts
Dan if Your calipers are sticking and not releasing they will heat up the rotors causing them to warp and You’ll feel vibration when braking.
Mike U.

That was what I was getting to Mike.... They should not be doing that.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
That was what I was getting to Mike.... They should not be doing that.
Dan what year is Your Glide?
If it’s under warranty I’d have the rotors replaced. If not and You do Your own wrenching I would take the calipers off and give them a real good cleaning and make sure the pistons move in and out freely. I would also replace the rotors and pads.
Mike U.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts