Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure that this has come up before, but I am looking for the correct mount for a CB antenna for a 2016 Road Glide Special. I have looked at the mount 76410-09, but a 2016 does not have the round bar saddle bag that comes up. I would like to have it mount in the hole in the right side of the fender skirt with grommet. Will the mount for the left side am/fm antenna flip over to the right?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Any part numbers will help. This is all I need to complete my CB install.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am sure that this has come up before, but I am looking for the correct mount for a CB antenna for a 2016 Road Glide Special. I have looked at the mount 76410-09, but a 2016 does not have the round bar saddle bag that comes up. I would like to have it mount in the hole in the right side of the fender skirt with grommet. Will the mount for the left side am/fm antenna flip over to the right?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Any part numbers will help. This is all I need to complete my CB install.
Unfortunately the LHS wont fit onto the RHS.

I made a cardboard template of the LHS and reversed it, then cut out a thin metal to that shape and bent it to fit - works a charm.

Shouldn't take more than an hour.

Rgds

SLIM

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great minds think alike. I had considered that, but like you idea of the template. Thanks, I still wonder why HD hasn't already done exactly that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately the LHS wont fit onto the RHS.

I made a cardboard template of the LHS and reversed it, then cut out a thin metal to that shape and bent it to fit - works a charm.

Shouldn't take more than an hour.

Rgds

SLIM
Followed your idea. 16 ga steel plate, cardboard template, cut, drill, bend. Looks like factory, works great. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts