Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before taking the fairing apart, has anyone experienced having a Daymaker low beam (right side) going on and off while riding? Started yesterday on a short ride. High beam works when switched on. Any suggestions before taking fairing off or heading to the dealer for warranty work will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If this happens to you, take it to the dealer and have them witness the flickering light. If they don't (probably won't) have a replacement set of lights in stock, have them order the part then go back and have them install the new light set. It took my dealer 2 hours to determine that the lights were bad and they cannot be serviced. The light set is a sealed unit. Now they get to take the fairing apart again when the new part gets here. You just can't teach the stealers anything!

I knew the lights were bad before taking the bike in. But the dealer has to go through the steps in order to cover the parts under warranty.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Since it is just one side I don't think it would be a wiring problem. Entire headlight probably needs replaced. Use the warranty. I remember another thread that in high only top half would light up not both, headlight replaced under warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts