Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
August will be here soon. Any rumor any word on a 2016 RGU yet? New color books are at Dealer but of course no hints there.
For me the New style bags, the faring change the cooled exhaust ports and handle bars all add up to a trade . The 2013 RGU has served me well but if they offer a 2016 with cooled exhaust ports I am trading.

·
Super Moderator
13,060 Posts
Should definitely know by June when they send the specs to the EPA, I'm also looking to see if the CVO is going to have the 120.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should definitely know by June when they send the specs to the EPA, I'm also looking to see if the CVO is going to have the 120.
I walked away from the 2015 RGU CVO on the floor yesterday CVO is just not for me. I did like the paint on it. But I have to mess around with my bikes and that is not going to change just because I buy a CVO.

·
Registered
2012 RGU vivid black
1,595 Posts
If they do come out with a cooled RGU then I would dang sure consider it. I've spent a ton on this lemon I have to get it to run right with no luck so I just might do it. I wouldn't though unless it is a RGU its so much easier to just add the detach kit than to buy it all to put on it.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
And does anyone expect to buy a new bike that meets emissions to be fast? I say starting with a 120 is a lot better place to start than what we've had prior.
Good point, but harley 120 ewww lol.. 116 would prob be the next motor.. My guess it would be in 2018

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Good point, but harley 120 ewww lol.. 116 would prob be the next motor.. My guess it would be in 2018
I'm guessing that since they have introduced the new 120ST that it will be the next CVO motor and I say it will be no later than 2017 but I'm expecting it in the next line-up. :p

·
Registered
208 Posts

I got tired of waiting for the next CVO motor size, dove in head first on the 2015 CVO, would like to see what they are gonna bump the next motor up to... I'd also want to let a few years go by so they can work all of the bugs out before I buy one, cause you know their gonna have them.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
I watch the CARB report pretty close when it gets close to time. Last year they came in a week or two before the dealer meetings. It was then that I found our for sure that a new FLTRUSE was on the way. Just didn't have a confirmed color. That's when I talked to my dealer and got the trade value established for my '11. A week after the new models were introduced, the trade value on my '11 dropped $800. I was locked in at that point :D

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On my 4th RG I know the engines and trans are all the same Tc96,and 103's
20-60K a year I have never had any issue with mine. Maybe I just get the good ones.
Of course they are not VROD's but I can get a speeding ticket anywhere in the US. And even two uploaded down we get anywhere we are going plenty fast. Victory, and the so called Indian can do what ever they want ,I will still ride my Harley. That 111 anit so hot.
The 2013 RGU has served us well. It will be taking us to the TN-NC boarder area for two weeks the end of the month.
45 years of riding I will finish what years we have left on Harley. I may purchase a BMW with a side car for a third ride if the knees give out.

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
3,964 Posts
.... New color books are at Dealer but of course no hints there. ....
.......... did they have 'white stickers' under any models getting solid color schemes ?
.... what are the colors for the 'X', they oughta be shown

..... when they 1st intro'd the Custom in '10, the U model came out the next year.
........ i'd bet a dollar & a half that's what the MoCo's gonna do for '16
.... & i'd bet another dollar that the 110 becomes the FLTR U or K's std motor

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
.......... did they have 'white stickers' under any models getting solid color schemes ?
.... what are the colors for the 'X', they oughta be shown

..... when they 1st intro'd the Custom in '10, the U model came out the next year.
........ i'd bet a dollar & a half that's what the MoCo's gonna do for '16
.... & i'd bet another dollar that the 110 becomes the FLTR U or K's std motor
I'd take you up on that part. I'd expect MoCo to increase the size of the SE engine at least one year before they up the ante on the non CVO bikes. EXAMPLE ONLY. 2016 CVO gets the 120st but the non CVO stays at 103 until at least 2017.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I don't see any motor changes coming in 2016.
The CVO will stay with the 110 and the tourers (non-CVO) stay at 103.
I just don't see what others do in the form of pressure for the MoCo to make any change.

I do think there with be a 2016 FLTRU, and it will have the same configuration as the current Limited.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No idea what engine the 2016 RGU will have. Best guess would be the 103. However in recent times the RGU has been the one they roll out change with.
The 2011 was the first to have the 103 standard, the first with ACR standard.
Personally I don't care one way or another 103 or 110. The 103's have served me well. The 110 means more heat and a little more power I would not use anyway.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
August will be here soon. Any rumor any word on a 2016 RGU yet? New color books are at Dealer but of course no hints there.
For me the New style bags, the faring change the cooled exhaust ports and handle bars all add up to a trade . The 2013 RGU has served me well but if they offer a 2016 with cooled exhaust ports I am trading.
Do you remember the colors? any new ones? Any that are going to be discontinued?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts