Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question today, why does the special have adjustable shocks and the RGU have air shocks? When my dealer was trying to get me to buy a special, he commented that these have an upgraded shock over the basic air shocks. The literature from last year stated the same. Now, the air are being used again.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Only the "specials" and some CVOs come standard with the Premium shocks. The other touring models come with either 12 or 13" air shocks depending on the model.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
And the sad thing is, a CVO Ultra (batty or shark) comes with the crappy air shocks. And now even the SESG comes with them this year. Must be selling a lot of the Premium shocks so why bother to put them on the high dollar bikes if they think we'll upgrade them.:(

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
And the sad thing is, a CVO Ultra (batty or shark) comes with the crappy air shocks. And now even the SESG comes with them this year. Must be selling a lot of the Premium shocks so why bother to put them on the high dollar bikes if they think we'll upgrade them.:(

Maybe they're finally facing the fact that they can't figure out how to build shocks, so like everything else knowing we're gonna change them they just put crap on??

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought a 2015 RGS and I will tell you that those so-called Premium shocks suck. I could tell on my ride home from the dealer when I bought it that they would have to go. They are rough riding, and as far as adjustability, only the left shock adjusts. What BS! And I have a King Tourpak with speakers and rack on it. Even with the wife on, it rides rough, no matter how I adjusted it. I took mine off and put a Dirty Works air ride system and me and the wife are extremely happy with the change. I would have rather kept the $450 or whatever it cost to put them on.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I took mine off and put a Dirty Works air ride system and me and the wife are extremely happy with the change.

I did the DirtyWorks also, probably should have just sourced it all on Amazon, but I had a lazy/impatient moment and just ordered it.
Might not be perfect for the real corner carvers, I can see where some damping changes would be better, but it works great for our overall riding, which is more concerned with smoothness riding 2-up on our crappy Iowa roads than ultimate cornering performance.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I did the DirtyWorks also, probably should have just sourced it all on Amazon, but I had a lazy/impatient moment and just ordered it.
Might not be perfect for the real corner carvers, I can see where some damping changes would be better, but it works great for our overall riding, which is more concerned with smoothness riding 2-up on our crappy Iowa roads than ultimate cornering performance.
Yeah hell you live in the middle of Iowa you don't need a bike that corners anyway L:grin:L

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Yeah hell you live in the middle of Iowa you don't need a bike that corners anyway L:grin:L

I won't deny that at all. After having been to 4 separate Shark Weeks held in some of the best riding areas across this country, you better believe what we thought was at least somewhat challenging is now pretty damn'd boring and LAME!!
We have to go looking and sometimes travel a ways to find anything remotely interesting.

The best news in the roads department is that it appears they're FINALLY going to grind the highway that goes past my house!! No more trying to ride the bike on a road that has literally thrown a couple trucks in the ditch over the last few years. No more having the windows rattle when dump trucks go by!!

But........at least I have ridden my bike this year!!

How ya coming on that anyway??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts