Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weave on my RGS when entering and rolling through turns at highway speeds.

Been looking at a true track. Anybody put one of these swing arm to frame stabilizers on their Glide?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
If you havent done it yet, upgrade your front and rear suspension, it wont be the same bike..I did HD premiums from a 2017, the 13inch version, separate part numbers, not the kit from Jon at Horny Toad HD, and progressive monotubes...cost for parts under 750 shipped. The difference is crazy...mine doesnt float anymore, especially around corners at speed over dips...

Reactions: Bbally

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I have a weave on my RGS when entering and rolling through turns at highway speeds.

Been looking at a true track. Anybody put one of these swing arm to frame stabilizers on their Glide?
Yep. Did it at the same time I upgraded front and rear suspension. Night and day difference from stock. No regrets on the true track, Progressive monotubes, or Super Shox.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
13" version is 54000093 & 54000094

I dont know what the 12s are..but ive seen many posts of folks dont like them and some have changed over to the 13s..and are satisfied...

Contact Jon he will square you away...Good Luck!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After a lot of change this ... then change it back ... turns out the front tire was bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
640 Posts
After a lot of change this ... then change it back ... turns out the front tire was bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I know the pain. I installed progressive front and rear,21" wheel and 47 14" bars. Chased a wobble neck bearings all that crap to find out brand new tire was junk. One new Avon and couldn't be happier to have it back in shape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have a 2016 RGS with, True-Track, Ohlins front and rear and it still has that horrible weave going through corners in fact it seems worse with all the suspension modifications I have made. The bike has a much better ride and it handles the tight twisties way better but the long sweeping corners it is pretty unstable and at times a little scary. I personally can not figure it out.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can you elaborate please? Thanks.

Did the fall away. Rode it for a while. Still weaved when loading the suspension in a corner at high speed. Increasing speed to 100 amplifies, not to tank slap levels but to buttons on the seat are brown levels.

Next did brakes and borrowed a new set of rotors. Front only ... Same chit.

Next took off the mods that are in the wind. Driving lights ... Mirrors ... Tall windshield ... Rode it same chit.

Took to dealer had the race tech look at it. Says look at springs change fork oil. He drove it still does it. Check rear shocks they are working with the adjustment knob. Working, still does it.

He was out of time unless I wanted to pay more.

Took it home, put everything back on ... Put it into the weave and started messing with it. Acceleration it happens large, off the throttles little tiny wiggle.

Watching the forks it looked to me like the tire was doing something weird, not responding to the counter steer by going into radius, but instead hopping up and down on a couple different radius...

I thought Phuck it I have a new front tire ... Had dealer put it on .... 104 through the suspension loading. Nada single wiggle. I could put the pegs quarter inch off the Tarmac and it just held steady as can be.

Very happy as it sucks feeling that thing in the bike.

I should have known better I never run factory duncraps ... But this time I decided to before switching to the new tires.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did the fall away. Rode it for a while. Still weaved when loading the suspension in a corner at high speed. Increasing speed to 100 amplifies, not to tank slap levels but to buttons on the seat are brown levels.

Next did brakes and borrowed a new set of rotors. Front only ... Same chit.

Next took off the mods that are in the wind. Driving lights ... Mirrors ... Tall windshield ... Rode it same chit.

Took to dealer had the race tech look at it. Says look at springs change fork oil. He drove it still does it. Check rear shocks they are working with the adjustment knob. Working, still does it.

He was out of time unless I wanted to pay more.

Took it home, put everything back on ... Put it into the weave and started messing with it. Acceleration it happens large, off the throttles little tiny wiggle.

Watching the forks it looked to me like the tire was doing something weird, not responding to the counter steer by going into radius, but instead hopping up and down on a couple different radius...

I thought Phuck it I have a new front tire ... Had dealer put it on .... 104 through the suspension loading. Nada single wiggle. I could put the pegs quarter inch off the Tarmac and it just held steady as can be.

Very happy as it sucks feeling that thing in the bike.

I should have known better I never run factory duncraps ... But this time I decided to before switching to the new tires.
Thanks for elaborating. Sounds like you did a thorough job determining the cause. In hindsight, is there anything you could physically see that was wrong with the tire? Besides the brand name.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have new commander II. still have the same issue.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I was almost heading to the rim flexing on corners? but it just feels like the entire front end bouncing "flexing" I also get it when changing lanes and hitting the split "grove" in the center of the two lanes. I don't know I know it sucks. I guess it is an 850 plus pound bike.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks for elaborating. Sounds like you did a thorough job determining the cause. In hindsight, is there anything you could physically see that was wrong with the tire? Besides the brand name.

Not that I could see. Did check balance, was ok.

It is going back to Dunlop according to the dealer.

It looked to me like it could go another 5 K or so.

I don't hate Dunlop in general ... American Elites are a good tire ... Never had an issue ... But the factory Dunlop that comes on a Harley is just junk as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Glide Pro

If you have a wobble issue I would seriously consider the Glide Pro system. It addresses the root cause of "wobble" at speed and will make your bike feel and track like a motorcycle should. I used it on my 03 Road King and a buddy of mine on his 08 and we both noticed the difference as soon as it was installed. No more vague tracking down the freeway and no more wobble in high speed sweepers. I didn't know that the newer frames had this issue but apparently they do and it looks like Glide Pro makes a system for the newer frames. Once I ride my 17 for a while, if it feels like the handling is loosening up I will definitely install it on my bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you have a wobble issue I would seriously consider the Glide Pro system. It addresses the root cause of "wobble" at speed and will make your bike feel and track like a motorcycle should. I used it on my 03 Road King and a buddy of mine on his 08 and we both noticed the difference as soon as it was installed. No more vague tracking down the freeway and no more wobble in high speed sweepers. I didn't know that the newer frames had this issue but apparently they do and it looks like Glide Pro makes a system for the newer frames. Once I ride my 17 for a while, if it feels like the handling is loosening up I will definitely install it on my bike.
I just put a 200 Commander 2 on the back have a Commander on the front, no wobble until I put the back tire on and now have a wobble in turns and death defying tracking type wobble at 70+speed. Put factory back tire and rim on wobble gone. Could this be a separated belt on the new 200 or a bad rim? Rim is new from performance machine.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I just put a 200 Commander 2 on the back have a Commander on the front, no wobble until I put the back tire on and now have a wobble in turns and death defying tracking type wobble at 70+speed. Put factory back tire and rim on wobble gone. Could this be a separated belt on the new 200 or a bad rim? Rim is new from performance machine.
Well it shouldn't be the wheel if one tire wobbles and one doesn't. That points to the tire.

There are multiple mentions on this board of people putting new tires on and getting a wobble/weave and taking it back and replacing them and problem solved.
I think there was a thread last week.......about Dunlap Elites.

I was always told a wobble points to the front tire and a weave points to the back (sounds like BBallys case was an exception). Even new tires can be bad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts