Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the saddle bag lights & rear fillers between the saddlebags & fender but want to remove the rear bottom fender light. I feel it would clean up the back. The CVO has a round emblem or plug . Has anybody removed that light ? is there one hole that can be covered ? I was told there's 3 holes that would require filling & paint.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I think the 2017 ultra doesn't have a light... you could always get that and install as is or Paint/ powder coat?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just installed the saddle bag lights & rear fillers between the saddlebags & fender but want to remove the rear bottom fender light. I feel it would clean up the back. The CVO has a round emblem or plug . Has anybody removed that light ? is there one hole that can be covered ? I was told there's 3 holes that would require filling & paint.
I cannot be for certain without removing the light (that's your job, lol) but I do believe it's one hole, the main harness comes to taillight and inside the taillight it breaks off in to four harnesses.. that's how it was on my 2011 Ultra Limited.. here's a pic from my service manual. Not very detailed.

IMG_6686.JPG

·
Registered
92 Posts
i just installed the saddle bag lights & rear fillers between the saddlebags & fender but want to remove the rear bottom fender light. I feel it would clean up the back. The cvo has a round emblem or plug . Has anybody removed that light ? Is there one hole that can be covered ? I was told there's 3 holes that would require filling & paint.
IMG_6687.JPG

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
You are right 3 holes and the 2017 does not have a light . 2016 and 2017 rear fender is the same. But if you remove the chrome tip there are 3 hole to mount one with a light.
One of the first things I did with my 2017. I went with a smoked one.
About a 1 minute job to install a light one all plug and play.

100_2106 by bob smith, on Flickr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts