Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a good set up for a 2016 Road Glide, just working with the fairing set up for now. 99% of the time music is from my phone, with speeds from around town to super slab at 75+ mph. open to all ideas. Really don't want to break the bank if I don't have too. And really don't want to be heard 1/2 mile away either but if it happens oh well

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Give us an idea of your budget.... that way we can filter our suggestions

Personally speaking... this is one area I would NOT 'settle' on.... most of the time... you get what you pay for...go cheap and sounds cheap.

·
Registered
408 Posts
for $500...

Cerwin Vega B2/B52
Infinity Kappa 62.11
Biketronics Line Leveler

if you can stretch your budget;
Biketronics 2015 AND UP RG BT2180 AMP & SPEAKER PACKAGE $665 w/RGorg forum discount.

There are other combos depending on what music you like ie Arc Moto 602's if you like bass (but wouldn't run them off a PBR personally). Focal PC 165's if you want SQ. Hertz Millie's (not a fan but they are well reviewed by others) if you want loud.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just installed the J&M Rokker XX amp and speakers in my 15 RG. Total plug and play. No need to be flashed. So far, I'm satisfied. I can hear my music clearly at 80-85 with bass which is surprising. Direct Cycle has them for $699.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just looking at the biketronics package they have for the new road glides. Its a little more than I would to spend but if that a better route then I really don't mind too much. Whats yalls take on that set up

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I was just looking at the biketronics package they have for the new road glides. Its a little more than I would to spend but if that a better route then I really don't mind too much. Whats yalls take on that set up
Biketronics is a good choice ( no personal experience ) from what I have heard and read.

I have a Soundz Customz Level IV system with upgrades ( in my sig ).... It's outside of your $500 budget, but they have have smaller packages to look into. Just giving you options

·
Registered
408 Posts
I replied on the other forum but I'll add this as a personal note.

I started with a Cerwin Vega B2 and the Kappas, wasn't happy. Don't get me wrong, it's a good setup and 90% of us would be happy with this, or the J&M or the Hog Tunes. This is the category I'd lump all these setups in, MUCH better than stock but there's another couple of tiers out there that offer much, much more!

Got a Rockford Fosgate TM400x4, better but needed better speaker quality.

Got some Moto 602's, WIN! but I couldn't leave well enough alone...

Arc moto 6.2's, nope not loud enough.

Titan II's, nope to bright.

Hertz Millie Pro's, just not for me.

Focal PC 165, uhmmm yeah! Something that doesn't quit have the bass of the Moto 602's but the SQ is incredible and they do hit hard.

I heard the Focal KRC's on my friend bike, yeah they sound better than the PC 165's. I like them enough that they ARE on my list as a next purchase.

Point being, take a look at what you want to accomplish. If I could give anyone one piece of advice it would be to do it right the first time and be done but that can sometimes be tough.

If you want to keep the cost down and you'll be happy with something that is loud and clear but maybe not the best SQ out there, the Biketronics kit fills that niche.

If your an audiophile then just stop listening to all the opinions and get the Soundz Customz setup.

Personally, I wish I would have just listened to the very first audio guy I talked to who recommended the Focal KRC's. I just wasn't looking at spending $1100 on a 2 speaker setup (that was with a Focal amp too and installation, you can get the setup for much less).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok one last question I will make my choice. If I'm going to spend the money may as well get some thing good. Here is what I have narrowed it down too

BT2180 amplifier with our BT465 2015 and up Titan II 6.5" RoadGlide speaker kit. From Bikertronics

or Level IV from Soundzcustomz

Complete plug & play kit for stock Harley Touring – Focal – Soundz Customz Special Edition 165KRC & 250 watt 2 channel Amp with wire harness & speaker adapters & oscilloscope tuned.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I would go Level IV... since I have one. Not to spend more of your money, but you should really upgrade from the 125.2 to the 600.4 from the jump... you will be much happier and sets you up for an additional set of speakers later if you choose. The 125.2 doesn't have the power to push the focals like they should be.... honestly

·
Registered
408 Posts
^ this!

If you can't spring for the 600.4 with the level IV kit, do the Biketronics RG kit.

A big part of the equation is the amp, you want big clean power to go with the good speakers.

Having good speakers does you no good without the proper power to make them scream.

The BT it will leave you with a system that will more than likely fit all your needs, it does leave room to add the Focal's later or another set in lowers or lids.

Like I said, if you can stretch enough for a level IV with a 600.4 I guarantee you'll be a happy camper but if that's just to much of a stretch, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the BT setup.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
I would go Level IV... since I have one. Not to spend more of your money, but you should really upgrade from the 125.2 to the 600.4 from the jump... you will be much happier and sets you up for an additional set of speakers later if you choose. The 125.2 doesn't have the power to push the focals like they should be.... honestly
+1 on the 4 channel set up option. I didn't think I needed it at first but after adding 2 more speakers, I was glad I had that option. It does make a big difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rear Speaker Tap

Since this thread is specific to my bike which is a 2016 Road Glide Special, does anyone know which plug or wires go to the Rear Speakers? I've already done the flash and I have already run wires for the rear Speakers to the fairing but am just now getting the rear speakers installed. I'm ready to hook the rears up but don't know if it requires a special radio harness or if there is already a rear speaker plug or wires to tap into. I prefer to tap in instead of spending the money for plug and play. Any diagram or pictures? Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
The BT4180 make a bit more power than the Arc 600.4, but you have far more adjustability with the 600.4 if you're willing to do the homework and time to set it up right. Or pay for the Soundz package system...

I'm planning on doing the BT4180 PIP setup with Arc Moto 602 speaks in the upper and lower fairing.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Since this thread is specific to my bike which is a 2016 Road Glide Special, does anyone know which plug or wires go to the Rear Speakers? I've already done the flash and I have already run wires for the rear Speakers to the fairing but am just now getting the rear speakers installed. I'm ready to hook the rears up but don't know if it requires a special radio harness or if there is already a rear speaker plug or wires to tap into. I prefer to tap in instead of spending the money for plug and play. Any diagram or pictures? Thanks in advance..
The 15/16 RGS does not come stock with rear speaker harnesses. If you want that harness, you will need to buy it and tap in. I just used the two front channels for input into the amp and run all 4 speakers out of the amp

1 - 20 of 30 Posts