1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
83 Posts
West Virginia is a hidden gem for bike riders. I go there often, and always enjoy the ride, scenery, and people. I would try to make this if it is there.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
We are still in debate about the dates. I am double checking to make sure that we don't cross with any annual events that are already scheduled. But, we are thinking maybe mid to late June

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
What dates are you considering? Maybe right before or after rolling thunder?
That would be a pretty good idea since it's in the general vicinity. But I must admit that I'm still favoring Canada.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
That would be a pretty good idea since it's in the general vicinity. But I must admit that I'm still favoring Canada.
+1 Rolling Thunder ain't going nowhere and neither is West Virginia.....besides if the Canucks do it in August both are way doable! If they did it this year to coincide with Rolling Thunder SW would have been in May.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,949 Posts
+1 Rolling Thunder ain't going nowhere and neither is West Virginia.....besides if the Canucks do it in August both are way doable! If they did it this year to coincide with Rolling Thunder SW would have been in May.
People keep mentioning Canada, is there a definite proposal coming from Calgary Glide or others at SW5? What part of Canada - it's a big country?

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,949 Posts
People keep mentioning Canada, is there a definite proposal coming from Calgary Glide (or others) at SW5? What part of Canada - it's a big country?

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
People keep mentioning Canada, is there a definite proposal coming from Calgary Glide or others at SW5? What part of Canada - it's a big country?
You mean you haven't seen it? It would be in Calgary, do a search, the thread has a few pages.

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,122 Posts
There are great roads all over this continent. I totally enjoyed WV a year ago (well, the rain was pretty overwhelming, but...). Not discounting the great riding in WV.

Point being, we won't have any bad options. As for me, I want to visit our RG friends in the "great white north." We have a lot of RG members from Canada, and the venue looks awesome (Banff alone is incredible), and it sure looks like they have planned well.#3 was here in the west. #4 was on the east coast, #5 is south. Going back to the east again so soon?

Let's go north!!!!

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
There are great roads all over this continent. I totally enjoyed WV a year ago (well, the rain was pretty overwhelming, but...). Not discounting the great riding in WV.

Point being, we won't have any bad options. As for me, I want to visit our RG friends in the "great white north." We have a lot of RG members from Canada, and the venue looks awesome (Banff alone is incredible), and it sure looks like they have planned well.#3 was here in the west. #4 was on the east coast, #5 is south. Going back to the east again so soon?

Let's go north!!!!
Sorry Scott, this is the PRO WV thread, not an ANTI WV thread. And for the record AGAIN, 3 of the first 5 SW have been west of the Mississippi. :D

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
As much as I would love Canada, I have to vote WV. We are 90% positive that we wouldnt be able to make Canada. First off, it'll be way more expensive than WV and next, it will require more time off which we wont have.
We are going thru some changes here at the Basham household and it just isnt in the cards. Frankie is going back to school in the fall so unfortunately, no maple syrup for us.

But regardless of where its at, I will do my part in gathering raffle prizes and such.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Sorry Scott, this is the PRO WV thread, not an ANTI WV thread. And for the record AGAIN, 3 of the first 5 SW have been west of the Mississippi. :D
Have you looked at a map lately??? The Mississippi River isn't exactly in the middle of the U.S. Maybe you could draw a line down the real center of the U.S. and then count up the different locations. Better yet, get out a map and divide it into EQUAL thirds and then mark locations.

Utah isn't exactly considered "West Coast" around here. Folks should really consider a true west coast ride. The PCH-Valley of the Giants-Yosemite is absolutely amazing riding.

(I really could care less about the east-mid-west rule as it all about the ride for me.)

·
Super Moderator
9,685 Posts
But in the end it still falls on who comes to SW with a proposal for a different area that they want ..

I have been to Canada and WV , either works , but for me WV is more feasible , it's a good three days ride to and from Calgary from here . And Canada is way more expensive ..

We will see

JtB

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I'm in for WV!!

With my wedding in October of 2016, I'm not budgeting any big bike trips for that year, WV is pretty damn close for me!

I'd love to have a close one, last time it was east Was Gettysburg, and I hadn't joined the site yet.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts