Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Shark Week - It's time to bring Shark Week back to the Mid-Atlantic Region. Hutmo and Pee Wee are throwing their hats into the Shark Week 2016 ring.

We have chosen Beckley West Virginia as our home base.. If you have never been there you are missing some great riding.

More information coming.

Here are just a few sites we will ride to

Under one hundred miles from The New River Gorge Bridge
http://www.nps.gov/neri/planyourvisit/nrgbridge.htm and New River Gorge Harley Davidson.

Seneca Rock
Just 70 miles to Seneca Rocks.

We even have a theme song picked already!

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
We've been to Blackwater Falls before with the truck club. Really nice area. I think the place your looking at is a little south of there. I'll be going to NRG in July for a GTG so it should almost be a scouting trip so to speak.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I guess the gloves are coming off for bids for SW 2016....:D :eek: Now it will start getting very interesting.....

Looking forward for more info .......

·
Super Moderator
12,310 Posts
Looks good, but I'll be honest, I'm still thinking Canada. :cool: Maybe SW7? :what:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Last summer we toured the New River Gorge Bridge. There's a museum that explains life in the valley and the building of the bridge. The road down to the New River (really a stream) is one-way, single lane, torn up and patched with plenty of stones on the sides and middle. If you do that road you'll discover the Road Glide can be an adventure bike. :D

West Virginia has some very technical twistys. I took a spill there once. :eek:

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Got my vote as I may be able to attend. The dates for Canada were not very cooperative with my work schedule. There is some great riding in WV.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I'll bet that WV is great riding. I'd love to do a SW there. Just not so soon. That would make 3 out of 6 events all the way in the east. There are a lot of Canadians that have supported all of the U.S. events. It's time.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I had to travel to WV for work a couple of years ago, and as I was driving through these twisty, hilly, wonderful roads I thought the whole time how awesome it would be to be on the bike.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I know I can't make canada although if I could that would be my choice. I can do a few days in WV and not lose to much work time. I have ridden in that area many a time, we rented a house in Canaan Valley for a week a few summers ago and had a great time, Jefferson and Washington National parks have some great roads.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'll be taking my 2nd ride through WV this May, hitting the PA Meet & Greet on the way home. As otheres have said, I think Canada will put up quite a fight this year to host next. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts