Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a fuel moto 2-1-2, have shark road slipons, Vance and Hines fp3, and getting a k&n air cleaner…

been happy with bike so far, big upgrade from my old one. Just trying to reduce heat a little due to cat, and run smoother.

any suggestions? I have all the parts except the air cleaner already…

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,767 Posts
Biggest suggestion. And the most worthwhile part of the FP3. Throttle progressivity. Change it from standard to standard plus. That setting right there makes the fuel pack worth every penny. It will change how that bike reacts.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Good choice with the Fuel Moto 2-1-2 head pipe! Stage 2 on the 103 with the TW222 combined with that headpipe will make you very happy!

So first: RFG7680 gave an excellent suggestion on the Throttle Progressivity setting. Do that!

My suggestion: Run the bike for a couple of weeks and then upload your settings to V&H and have them tweak the settings. You will sense the optimized map.
I did not run autotune as V&H has an extensive assortment of maps and expertise related to our 103 motors and the combinations of Stage 1 setups.

Best wishes!

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Not a lot in real numbers. But it will feel like it gained and sound like. Stage one because of the change in sound /tone of the bike make it feel like it bigger boost than it i. You should feel a crisper throttle response.
The Stage one is really a setup for the stage 2. That is the wake up cal for the 103.

·
Registered
2011 Road Glide Ultra
155 Posts
I can't wait to drop my TW222s in. Stage 1 was a big difference. S2 should really open it up. Probably won't get cams in until winter tho since the pipes In ordered are on backorder.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
78 Posts

·
Premium Member
Bastardized 2011 FLTRU
236 Posts
Good choice with the Fuel Moto 2-1-2 head pipe! Stage 2 on the 103 with the TW222 combined with that headpipe will make you very happy!

So first: RFG7680 gave an excellent suggestion on the Throttle Progressivity setting. Do that!

My suggestion: Run the bike for a couple of weeks and then upload your settings to V&H and have them tweak the settings. You will sense the optimized map.
I did not run autotune as V&H has an extensive assortment of maps and expertise related to our 103 motors and the combinations of Stage 1 setups.

Best wishes!
I did the same thing. Rode mine with the FP3 for about 1000 miles then uploaded to V&H and sent in a request. The next morning they had sent me an email that they had done some tweaks and had a map ready for me to upload. I loaded it and went for a ride and saw a noted improvement in throttle response.

My inquiry was because when I checked plugs It seemed to still be running lean. Well, they fixed that and after 400 miles last weekend I again checked plugs and they look much better….. People on here are always slamming the FP3, but IMO for those of us just doing a stage 1 or 2, it’s really hard to beat and I’ve read nothing but good about their customer service and support of the product.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have a custom map with the fp3 that works well. I made the mistake of going stage 1 then stage 2 and now I want the bike dialed in properly. I had the bike Dynod in Daytona and it was off pretty badly even thought runs great. They didn't have time to do a tune. So now I'm having the bike tuned at Biketoberfest with them and of course will need a powervision. More costly cuz I grabbed the fp3 quick route. I will say it's 'good enough ', but I want my bike tuned better.

'He who is brave is free.'

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
4,814 Posts
I have a custom map with the fp3 that works well. I made the mistake of going stage 1 then stage 2 and now I want the bike dialed in properly. I had the bike Dynod in Daytona and it was off pretty badly even thought runs great. They didn't have time to do a tune. So now I'm having the bike tuned at Biketoberfest with them and of course will need a powervision. More costly cuz I grabbed the fp3 quick route. I will say it's 'good enough ', but I want my bike tuned better.

'He who is brave is free.'
Yeah, my FP3 was a bust. I ran auto tunes, sent my map to V&H a few times. First time the bike was running really rich, popping and blued my pipes in a day. I sent it back to V&H and the guy says to me "this is odd" - the tune they sent me was for a 143" CI motor instead of the cams/pipes/cleaner for my 110". Anyways, when I got my bike on a proper dyno for tuning, the tuner removed 21% or more fuel from all cells over the FP3 and now the bike rips like it should. V&H is good enough to make it feel peppy - but the performance part is lacking, as is thier service and custom mapping from my experience.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts