Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just a general over all question for those that have or are using the full SE Exhaust Sytem Hi Flow Headers and Stree Cannons all by SE. With the new SE Exhaust System where is the catalytic Converter located within the system compared to where it was located on the stock exhaust system. The years I'm referring to is from 2017 to 2018 RGS models FLTRXS.

Thanks Again All.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
It is my understanding that the cat is not in the header However The diameter of the pipe at the connection to the muffler is larger than the stocker...

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Right in the area of the red circle
from the op, "those that have or are using the full SE Exhaust Sytem Hi Flow Headers and Street Cannons all by SE" i don't think he is asking about the stock location, but the location after the full flow screamin eagle hi flow system is installed. i am of the understanding that the cc on that system is in the inlet to the muffler, so it is moved away from you and put under your saddlebag.

from the catalog, this system only fits the 10-16 year models. don't know if they have one for the 17s and up or not....

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks All for your responses. As I assumed basically the SE Hi Flow header system is essentially a straight through header pipe system like any other aftermarket header system out there. The only significant difference is the fact that the slip-ons that go with this header system is the "Street Cannons by SE" contain the catalytic converter where other systems i.e. V&H, Rinehart etc. their slip ons all contain no CC. So if I kept my factory head pipes which already contain a CAT and were to put on SE slip-ons "Street Cannons" I would essentially have two CATs on my bike exhaust system. Question is does SE have two different types of the SE Street Cannons with or without CATs?
Generally speaking, it would seem that the SE full exhausts system is not really an exhaust system that would improve low end torque and mid range as Horse Power on a Road Glide is less important. Or with the CATs in the system does that improve the bikes performance through back pressure?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
yes, there are street cannons without catalytic converters in them. as far as i can tell, the street cannons that go with this header are different in that they have a different size muffler inlet. you can't just buy this header and stick your non epa mufflers on them. they are made to work as a set.

also, i don't know if they even sell this exhaust setup for the 17/18. i couldn't find it on the website, and it isn't in the 2018 p&a catalog where i got the above screen captures.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks good info. Yes fitment will work with 2018 I looked into that. So special inlet differences on the SE header system interesting. With a SE High Flow Header System with their specific inlet dia. dimension as mentioned will this mean I may have issues mounting say a Rinehart or V&H available slip-ons if I chose too later on? And here is another thought are SE headers worth it? Thanks for your help All.

Mark

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks good info. Yes fitment will work with 2018 I looked into that. So special inlet differences on the SE header system interesting. With a SE High Flow Header System with their specific inlet dia. dimension as mentioned will this mean I may have issues mounting say a Rinehart or V&H available slip-ons if I chose too later on? And here is another thought are SE headers worth it? Thanks for your help All.

Mark
I had these on my 2017 streetglide, the cats are in each muffler and the inlet size is different on the SE High flow exhaust preventing you from using aftermarket slip ons, on my new roadglide I choose to go with the S&S mk45 slip ons i think I will probably go with an aftermarket header (like fuel moto's or fullsac's) after the warranty is up.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
before you finalize that, i suggest you try checking the oil on someone's bike who has those. especially after you've been riding. you know, to replicate a real life scenario, riding down the road, stopping for gas, checking your oil to make sure your levels are good....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts